Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

12 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s an interesting question. What is better for Ramsey.....40 games in the Championship or sitting on the bench instead of Lansbury.

I’m torn between the two tbh. I mean I’d prefer to have Ramsey on the bench over Lansbury as he has goals in his locker..... but getting another 40 games in the Champs maybe the best for his development.

Ideally, we'd have a midfield of Douglas Luiz, McGinn and Jack/new signing, with Hourihane to bring off the bench instead of Lansbury, and Ramsey getting regular game time in the Championship

42 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Am assuming this is verbatim what Purslow said but it sort of makes sense why we may be recruiting a lot from the championship, though hopefully with one or two exceptions from higher up 

I remember Purslow saying something in line with that. And it's quite simple isn't it, FFP lets you spend X times the income you had over the last years, if you have been in the PL the last years with the massively larger TV-money income then you can spend more.

Regarding Leeds and Rodrigo, let's see what their total outlay will be, I doubt it will be more than what we spent last summer.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Definitely the former if he actually plays. The worry is he goes out on loan and sits on a championship bench instead. 

Just make it a clause of the loan that he starts a minimum Number of games.

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Sorry but that’s horseshit mate, cash himself said that we were the only PL team in for him and as soon as he heard we were he wanted to come here.

tenor.gif?itemid=9453074

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh because the turnover over 3 years is looked at?

So you have to try and survive on a shoestring for 3 years before you can even think about trying to compete! 

And also more or less forget about ever being able to compete with the biggest teams...

Instead of FFP to try to tackle the problem with countries with unlimited resources to buy football clubs, it should in my opinion be forbidden for countries to own football clubs, directly or indirectly. Without the Abu Dhabi, Qatar or China money I think the market would be able to function quite well. I think it's perverse that countries are allowed to own football clubs.

18 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I remember Purslow saying something in line with that. And it's quite simple isn't it, FFP lets you spend X times the income you had over the last years, if you have been in the PL the last years with the massively larger TV-money income then you can spend more.

Regarding Leeds and Rodrigo, let's see what their total outlay will be, I doubt it will be more than what we spent last summer.   

with purslow saying that even longer to be able to compete

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Definitely the former if he actually plays. The worry is he goes out on loan and sits on a championship bench instead. 

Oh he’s way too good to sit on the bench in the Championship.

Besides, I’m sure we’d only loan him out if we got guarantees he’d play.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Am assuming this is verbatim what Purslow said but it sort of makes sense why we may be recruiting a lot from the championship, though hopefully with one or two exceptions from higher up 

Judging by that statement. Finishing 17th for the next 2 seasons will be a great success.

Then we can start to push on and compete for wages.

This is going to be a slow ride guys.

Edited by villalad21

31 minutes ago, Morkery said:

Obviously my computer shortcomings, but how do you stop the painful notification beeps on here¿

Only this website.

I found that annoying too. Either close that tab (or go to a non-notification page like one of the indexes).

Or, got to account settings, then notification settings at the bottom, and then there is an option to turn off notification sounds.

Does anyone else feel that the longer we don’t sign the players we still need (ST, Winger, GK....maybe CB) the more it has to be that we will make sure we sign players like Edoaurd, Benrahma, Watkins and Romero?

i mean not to get 2-3 of those players over the line before the end of the window would be a massive feck up....not least because we’ll have missed out on players like Wilson.

Edited by rayk

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Judging by that statement. Finishing 17th for the next 2 seasons will be a great success.

Then we can start to push on and compete for wages.

This is going to be a slow ride guys.

As I have been saying since Purslow said that (a while ago) it is all about just staying up. Each year we do we can get 1/3 better! (Massive simplification). Until then, Burnley, Brighton etc can outspend us on wages every time.