Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

No loans! Our very own chief exec has said its a crap business model and we won’t be doing it... 

No loans without an option to buy is pretty sensible and there will no doubt be exceptions, like Reina who hopefully will be about to end his career on a massive low letting in bucket loads of goals at Lazio.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

No loans without an option to buy is pretty sensible and there will no doubt be exceptions, like Reina who hopefully will be about to end his career on a massive low letting in bucket loads of goals at Lazio.

But even options to buy seem pointless. Reina made some sense because we needed help in the keeper department all the sudden, and us taking him on loan took him to the end of his contract with AC Milan I believe. We probably had discussions over whether to offer him a years contract or not...

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I think the mistake we made last season was not bringing in any players with decent Prem league experience. I think of the outfield players we brought in Targett was the most experienced with 20 odd Prem league appearances.

The need to bring in players with Prem league experience this season isn't so great simply because last years players have a Prem season behind them now and will be much stronger for it. I think that started to show at the end of the season.

There is a decent core to the team. Heaton, Mings, Konsa, Luiz, McGinn, Grealish. Targett also looks good enough to be starting week in week out. I think we therefore need 4 or 5 players to come in to the first 11 better than what we have now and I think we are capable of doing that over the next 5 weeks. If we do I see no reason why we can't kick on and achieve a mid table finish.

I don't quite agree with this as Premier league experience is really not critical. Plenty of players have done well in their debut seasons to suggest it isn't a big factor.

The biggest issue was bringing in too many players from abroad, who needed time to settle. Also the distinct lack of pace in attacking areas limited in game tactical options, like counter attacking. This made us too one dimensional and easy to play against. Having players that couldn't retain possession had a big impact on results as well. 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Just spitballing here. Don't think we'll get all of these, I think we'll probably go into the season with Jack on the left unless we sell some players.           

Edouard

Rashica                          Buendia/Sarr

Grealish.    McGinn

Luiz

Targett    Mings     Konsa   Guilbert

Heaton

Subs: Steer, Engels, Cash, Swift, El Ghazi, Watkins, Trezeguet, Taylor (Henry?), Nakamba

Look how much stronger our bench looks though. Not a Lansbury or Drinkwater in sight.

Edouard 

Benrahma                                  Sarr/Origi

Grealish      Mcginn

Luiz

Targett       Mings          New CB    Cash

Heaton

Subs: Steer, Henry,Guilbert,Konsa, Swift,Trezeguet,Wesley 

Dont shoot me down though with this as i feel the energy and pace that Origi can bring is at a superb standard and we know Sarr can produce that also.. Benrahma has more burst and directness than Rashica after further analysis. Im gambling my trust in Edouard more than Watkins. I know nothing about Swift but it appears as though he may be part of the squad very soon so ill throw him in there. I would expect Rico Henry to challenge Targett enough to the point where he may end up as number one. The goalkeeper we start with will be different of course.

Just a thought, from looking at the rumoured targets so far this window, i wonder if at least partly true, whether Deano is having more say in the players he wants this time around?

for example, this window we are hearing about Watkins, Cash, Swift, as well as some other players a bit closer to home, these feel a bit more like Deano signings than last year with players like Trez/Wesley/Nakamba etc.

Cant wait for us to get 2-3 signings under our belt to see what direction we seem to be going in (hopefully a good direction...)

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Edouard 

Benrahma                                  Sarr/Origi

Grealish      Mcginn

Luiz

Targett       Mings          New CB    Cash

Heaton

Subs: Steer, Henry,Guilbert,Konsa, Swift,Trezeguet,Wesley 

Dont shoot me down though with this as i feel the energy and pace that Origi can bring is at a superb standard and we know Sarr can produce that also.. Benrahma has more burst and directness than Rashica after further analysis. Im gambling my trust in Edouard more than Watkins. I know nothing about Swift but it appears as though he may be part of the squad very soon so ill throw him in there. I would expect Rico Henry to challenge Targett enough to the point where he may end up as number one. The goalkeeper we start with will be different of course.

Trust me when I say we are not signing Sarr or Origi mate.

Aston Villa prepare £10m offer for Arsenal goalkeeper Emi Martinez

Aston Villa are preparing a £10million offer for Arsenalgoalkeeper Emi Martinez.

The Argentine impressed for the Gunners following the Premier League’s restart this spring as he stepped in for the injured Bernd Leno.

Leno, Mikel Arteta’s first-choice keeper, sustained a knee injury against Brighton in June, and it was initially feared that he could miss as many as nine months of action.

Seems like a very lowball offer if true. 

Edited by Awol

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Aston Villa prepare £10m offer for Arsenal goalkeeper Emi Martinez

Seems like a very lowball offer of true. 

When it was in the news that they were looking to sell Martinez, Arsenal were apparently demanding £20m, whilst Martinez wanted them to halve the asking price, so seems a good price to start negotiations, as if Martinez wants to join he'd surely pressure Arsenal to accept a lower offer.

50 minutes ago, Tayls said:

No loans! Our very own chief exec has said its a crap business model and we won’t be doing it... 

Except we did it, twice last season with drinkwater and Reina, we also did it the season before with Mings and Hause......it’s okay not setting your entire strategy around it but to rule it out completely is daft and not a luxury we can afford I fancy.

• Like 1