Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Rodrigo's main selling point is the goals he creates for others players more so than the goals he scores himself, if you look at his goals and assists record combined then his record is very good and at an hight standard of football. I guess Leeds now have to find someone that's going to score the chances that he creates.

• Like 1

Martinez would be a great signing, looked like one of the best keepers in the league after lockdown. He’s a good age too.

We need a stable and reliable GK for the long term (and for the first few games while Heaton is out) & need to shift the useless ones (Nyland & Kalinic).

Maybe have to let Steer go if he can’t get over his injuries too but would be happy for him to stay as 3rd choice if he can keep fit.

Heaton seems to be injury prone (the only issue with him but a significant one) & won’t be around and/or can’t be relied on for the long term. Good competition though and that is needed for players to perform at their best, no one should really be comfortable or an automatic pick if you want to really compete in this division. 

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Rodrigo's main selling point is the goals he creates for others players more so than the goals he scores himself, if you look at his goals and assists record combined then his record is very good and at an hight standard of football. I guess Leeds now have to find someone that's going to score the chances that he creates.

I guess the issue for them now is, they've spent £30m on this guy, £16m on helder Costa. That's £46m. (Maybe more with augustin too, if that happens?)

How much have they got left to improve the defence which is probably the area of most concern considering they lost white. £13m on this koch bloke. They need much more than that. I'm sure they have a plan but not sure I see it yet.

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Yep. Anyone thinking this won't be another relegation battle are full of themselves.

Midtable would be overachieving this season. It's too early still. Too many holes in the team.

Hilarious. 

4/5 Quality signings and we can have a much more comfortable season - even with no additions I would be backing us to do far better

We really do need to focus on spending the bulk of our transfer budget on a striker and a couple of wide players, in my opinion. Buendia and McNeil, would be my choice of wide players and if Tammy and Edouard, like Rashica, don't want to come or are outside of our price range, the same doesn't appear to be the case with Watkins. 

I hope that we have at least considered the first two. They would not come cheap, but you get what you pay for and Jack would see that we are looking to bring in real quality to play alongside him. Will we sign them? I can but hope, but I'm becoming increasingly resigned to the belief, that we probably will not.  :(

• Like 2

Just now, romavillan said:

I bet they never even tested anyone's resolve.

It’ll be a steep learning curve for the newly promoted clubs. No testing of the water or gauging the response for these clubs either. They’re light years from a cheeky bid. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John said:

We really do need to focus on spending the bulk of our transfer budget on a striker and a couple of wide players, in my opinion. Buendia and McNeil, would be my choice of wide players and if Tammy and Edouard, like Rashica, don't want to come or are outside of our price range, the same doesn't appear to be the case with Watkins. 

I hope that we have at least considered the first two. They would not come cheap, but you get what you pay for and Jack would see that we are looking to bring in real quality to play alongside him. Will we sign them? I can but hope, but I'm becoming increasingly resigned to the belief, that we probably will not.  :(

It would be fair to say John that Tammy is one of our targets this season.

Equally, that's all he might ever be this season.

But I am pleased we are showing that level of ambition.

Wouldn't it be weird if Declan Rice signed for Chelsea and Tammy signs for us!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Quite. Leeds going down the high priced massive gamble route. If he scores just enough to keep them up, then gamble pays off.

They are not looking just to stay up, they are aiming for the CL. They are Leeds after all and they are back in the big time! :D 

• Haha 2

Looks ominous, Benrahma, Watkins, Raya  missing from today's line up at West Ham (Now live on YouTube) WH 1-0 up so far.

Edited by jonjon
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, jonjon said:

Looks ominous, Benrahma, Watkins, Raya  missing from today's line up at West Ham (Now live on YouTube) WH 1-0 up so far.

Benrahama is quarantining isnt he?

The bulk of our signings realistically could come from both the SPL, where you’ve got: Ajer, Edouard, Frimpong, Ntcham, Hickey, Glen Kamara & Morelos etc...

Then in the EFL you’ve got: Cash, Butland, Karlan Grant, Swift, Rodon... Godfrey, Lewis, Aarons, Cantwell & Buendia. Henry, Benrahma, Mbeumo & Watkins. Lloyd Kelly, Lewis Cook & David Brooks. Will Hughes & Sarr .... 

Somewhat uninspiring in some ways but a lot of attainable talent there at the right £££ which would improve our starting XI & squad.