Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

19 minutes ago, Awol said:

Aston Villa prepare £10m offer for Arsenal goalkeeper Emi Martinez

Seems like a very lowball offer if true. 

I don’t know. He’s hardly played for Arsenal in what, 10 years? Leno will be their starter this season, so  IMO 10m seems fairly reasonable for both parties. If he hadn’t played a huge part in that FA Cup run, the price would have likely been even lower. 

Just now, ramshackler said:

Can't see Martinez, he would cost more than that and wants to leave for first team.football. he won't get it once Heaton is fit.

Heaton is a genuinely brilliant goalkeeper

Hes not going to get a club with zero competition 

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Hes not going to get a club with zero competition 

Well no obviously not! But of course other clubs will be looking to sign him as their first choice!

I don't think there is any chance we would sign him giving him the narrative that he would likely be first choice ahead of Heaton

10 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I talked to a friend of mine about the signing, as he is of Spanish heritage and watches more La Liga than any other league. He says Rodrigo suffered for being on a bad team the last few years, but that time and injury haven't helped him much, either. Says he's still capable of being a creator but he was also surprised to see Bielsa -- whom he has a lot of respect for -- making such a move. 

He's a sort of inbetween, not as good as being hyped but still a decent striker, regularly starts for Spain for example and scored a few in champions league last season.

I suppose it's a case of Leeds decided he was their top striker target and they went to a club and paid the money. A newly promoted club has managed to attract a first choice striker from a team that last year made the last 16 of CL and previous season beat Barca in cup final and finished top 4.

Have we really got enough clout about us to attract a first choice regular from club of that calibre, we're finding it hard enough to get in a player from team that finished 16th in Bundesliga after all.

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Probably not what we need right now, but Atalanta look like they're signing Aleksey Miranchuk for about £13m.

Loads and loads of value out there.

Really easy to not buy bad players.

Less easy to not overpay.

Saw talk yesterday Leicester were interested in Robin Gosens. Would be a dream to have him at LB instead of Targett. Tagliafico also linked to them.

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

8 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Another keeper. Groundhog day.

8 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Be surprised if they let him go for £10m given his form at the back end of last season. I like the look of him though. Would be our first ever Argentine no?

would be a great signings, altohugh a) price sounds a bit low and b) not convinced he would join us.

13 hours ago, Awol said:

Best player on the pitch in the play-off final, imo. 

Watkins and Henry our two best players by a mile, he's now injury free and played in all games, and a quality player, another one of ours that won't come cheap.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's a sort of inbetween, not as good as being hyped but still a decent striker, regularly starts for Spain for example and scored a few in champions league last season.

I suppose it's a case of Leeds decided he was their top striker target and they went to a club and paid the money. A newly promoted club has managed to attract a first choice striker from a team that last year made the last 16 of CL and previous season beat Barca in cup final and finished top 4.

Have we really got enough clout about us to attract a first choice regular from club of that calibre, we're finding it hard enough to get in a player from team that finished 16th in Bundesliga after all.

I think the rashica and Rodrigo transfers are very different.

8 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Well no obviously not! But of course other clubs will be looking to sign him as their first choice!

I don't think there is any chance we would sign him giving him the narrative that he would likely be first choice ahead of Heaton

You would assume he would start the season for us and then it's his shirt to lose.  If he is playing well I'm pretty sure Dean would keep picking him when Heaton is fit.

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Watkins and Henry our two best players by a mile, he's now injury free and played in all games, and a quality player, another one of ours that won't come cheap.

Out of interest, have you actually sold anyone of these players so far? 

8 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Can't see Martinez, he would cost more than that and wants to leave for first team.football. he won't get it once Heaton is fit.

Heaton is a genuinely brilliant goalkeeper

Heaton is a great GK, if he didnt have over a years worth of injury absences in the last 3 years, i would find the link a bit strange, but however good i think Heaton is, i also think he needs high calibre competition, if for no other reason than he seems to have injury issues...

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

You would assume he would start the season for us and then it's his shirt to lose.  If he is playing well I'm pretty sure Dean would keep picking him when Heaton is fit.

Matter of opinions, but for me there are very few GKs who will keep Heaton out of the team when he is fit. He is that good. 

If it wasn't for his rotten luck with injuries he'd be Englands number 1 a long time ago

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Good point, you’d like to think he’d back himself under those circumstances. The other pretty big factors are when and if Heaton can come back the same as he was before his injury. It was a pretty bad type of injury especially for a 34 year old with a poor, for a goalkeeper, injury record.