Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I think the rashica and Rodrigo transfers are very different.

Well it's easy to sign Valencia players at the moment. Still a fair few in their squad who'd massively improve us:

Geoffery Kondogbia

Goncalo Guedes

Kevin Gamiero

Denis Cheryshev (inconsistant at club level but had a good world cup for Russia)

Cillessen

Daniel Wass (good utility player on the right and would cost much less than Cash)

Maxi Gomez.

Personally I'd have liked us to sign Francis Cocquelin for the defensive midfield role. He went to Villareal a few weeks back.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Heaton is a great GK, if he didnt have over a years worth of injury absences in the last 3 years, i would find the link a bit strange, but however good i think Heaton is, i also think he needs high calibre competition, if for no other reason than he seems to have injury issues...

Oh I agree he needs excellent competition, but I dont see Martinez wanting to join us, if he is desperate for first team football, he will know it's far from guaranteed

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Out of interest, have you actually sold anyone of these players so far? 

Not yet, but it will come, just like you haven't brought anyone yet, you will

1 minute ago, ramshackler said:

Matter of opinions, but for me there are very few GKs who will keep Heaton out of the team when he is fit. He is that good. 

If it wasn't for his rotten luck with injuries he'd be Englands number 1 a long time ago

The bad luck with injuries is the problem I’m afraid. 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

No loans! Our very own chief exec has said its a crap business model and we won’t be doing it... 

I actually think getting in a striker on a years loan makes sense. Can see us going in big for Tammy next season if we finish mid table and he realises he's way down the pecking order at Chelsea. Could also miss out on euros squad if he dosen't play much and someone like Danny Ings keeps on scoring.

Wouldn't shock me at all if we signed Rhian Brewster on loan late on in the window. Had a fantastic strike rate for Swansea in the run in so he's probably ready now to play regularly in premier league for someone.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Be surprised if they let him go for £10m given his form at the back end of last season. I like the look of him though. Would be our first ever Argentine no?

Gustavo Bartlett was technically one in 2000 but never played in his loan spell.

I like Martinez a lot, not just fantastic saves but excellent command of his box. Think today will say a fair bit as Leno played in Arsenal's last friendly so is fit again and you think Arteta would start his number one keeper today in his mind for the season ahead.

Edit: Heaton has come out and said at best he'll be fit by mid October so Martinez would start our first 4-5 games if we sign him. Heaton was also number 2 at Burnley behind Joe Hart for six months so I doubt he'd throw a hissy fit if he had to bide his time for a bit, would be a brilliant option to play in the league cup aswell to get his match fitness up.

Martinez still only 27 so in that age range where he simply has to be a number one now so would be very motivated coming here as he wants to play for Argentina aswell. Completely different to say when we signed Stuart Taylor from them at similar age who was just happy to be a back up.

Edited by VillaChris

17 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Oh I agree he needs excellent competition, but I dont see Martinez wanting to join us, if he is desperate for first team football, he will know it's far from guaranteed

If Martinez signs soon he'll be starting our first 4-5 league games this season. If he plays to same level as for Arsenal in run in he'll be keeping the number one shirt all season. Heaton was on the bench for six months behind Joe Hart in 18/19.

Get the feeling we'll see if he's starting at half 3 and if he isn't launch an official bid next week.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

But even options to buy seem pointless. Reina made some sense because we needed help in the keeper department all the sudden, and us taking him on loan took him to the end of his contract with AC Milan I believe. We probably had discussions over whether to offer him a years contract or not...

I dunno about pointless, take this young Arsenal keeper (not saying we're in for him) we arrange a loan with an option to buy him if we want for £10m. If he's good enough and we want him he's ours at that price, no-one else gets in first. If he's not up to it, he goes back to Arsenal. It's a really good way to do business if you can pull it off. Especially for inexperienced or previously injury prone players.

9 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Hmm, so Leeds have snatched Spanish international FW Rodrigo from Valencia for £30 mill or so. I'm starting to feel left out.

Make big transfer stuff happen, Villa! 

A 29 year old with a year at Bolton in 2011, scoring 1 goal every 4 games at Valencia for £30 million, seems like a bargain !!

Not sure his stats would impress many on here. Quite rightly.

Edited by smg
More information

2 minutes ago, smg said:

A 29 year old with a year at Bolton in 2011, scoring 1 goal every 4 games at Valencia for £30 million, seems like a bargain !!

Not sure his stats would impress many on here. Quite rightly.

Quite. Leeds going down the high priced massive gamble route. If he scores just enough to keep them up, then gamble pays off.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Gustavo Bartlett was technically one in 2000 but never played in his loan spell.

I like Martinez a lot, not just fantastic saves but excellent command of his box. Think today will say a fair bit as Leno played in Arsenal's last friendly so is fit again and you think Arteta would start his number one keeper today in his mind for the season ahead.

Edit: Heaton has come out and said at best he'll be fit by mid October so Martinez would start our first 4-5 games if we sign him. Heaton was also number 2 at Burnley behind Joe Hart for six months so I doubt he'd throw a hissy fit if he had to bide his time for a bit, would be a brilliant option to play in the league cup aswell to get his match fitness up.

Martinez still only 27 so in that age range where he simply has to be a number one now so would be very motivated coming here as he wants to play for Argentina aswell. Completely different to say when we signed Stuart Taylor from them at similar age who was just happy to be a back up.

tom cruise laugh GIF

18 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Hmm, so Leeds have snatched Spanish international FW Rodrigo from Valencia for £30 mill or so. I'm starting to feel left out.

Make big transfer stuff happen, Villa! 

Was he snatched or did they swoop for him? Also no mention of the bid preparation process. 

• Haha 2

If we’re gonna go down the Champiomship route this season, let’s just fill our boots with Sarr, Brooks/Deulofeo, Rico Henry/Jamal Lewis, Benrahma/Beundia.

But I am concerned it won’t work out that way.

Its not so much Cash I’m worried about, it’s more the link to Swift. I mean Lansbury looked quality until he signed for us.