Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I watched Wilson last season and thought he looked very dangerous for the most part, saw him come on in a game towards the end of the season and he looked poor in that one. And have also read the opinion of Bournemouth fans, not all of it is negative many of them rate him as a decent player, many on here want us to sign Billings but their fans are probably more critical of him than they are of Wilson, besides I don't think reading what football fans think of their players is the best way to judge, you only have to look at this forum to see that.

Can't stress enough how he's nothing like Hourihane, such a lazy compari just because they both have good left-foots and are good at set-pieces, doesn't even play the same position and contributes much more to general play

• Confused 1

I think we are casting a pretty wide net, with a sliding scale of who we want. Wilson may be well down a list of a dozen or so candidates for those wide positions for all we know 

Edited by Ponky

59 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Do you seriously think he's worth 20 million? There are so many players out there we could get for the money who are much superior to Wilson. Just have a look what the Bournemouth fans think of him.

£20m isn’t a lot of money in today’s market, Wilson is a Welsh international and we need a winger. In my opinion, we’d struggle to attract anyone better than him. He’s better than what we currently have too in my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, sne said:

How do you rate his overall contribution in general play for them?

I haven’t seen that much of him, I’ve seen highlights on Match Of The Day and his set pieces impress me. I can’t comment on his work rate or general play, I don’t see much of Bournemouth sadly

Harry Wilson? We’re not Bournemouth! 

He’s not for me, I’m not sure he’s an improvement on what we already have and if he is an improvement it’s not by much.

we need a better calibre of player that will certainly improve us as a team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

£20m isn’t a lot of money in today’s market, Wilson is a Welsh international and we need a winger. In my opinion, we’d struggle to attract anyone better than him. He’s better than what we currently have too in my opinion 

Wow, really? I think that is very, very wrong. He's really not a good player at all and we'd easily attract better than him.

• Like 4

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I haven’t seen that much of him, I’ve seen highlights on Match Of The Day and his set pieces impress me. I can’t comment on his work rate or general play, I don’t see much of Bournemouth sadly

This exactly sums him up then. He's a highlights player. He scores the odd good free kick and that's it. Tell me how a good winger gets 0 assists in a season?

• Thanks 1

I give up. Saint-Maximin went for a few million less last summer and I'll be amazed if anyone thinks Wilson is the superior player. Buendia reportedly being available for ~£20m makes it laughable.

Like I said earlier, I'd take him for around £10m but mostly because I think it would be nice to have a left footed player to play on the right to give us an option.

• Like 3

I'd be very very pleased with McKennie — I'd love to see another American here plus it might be a similar strategy in buying Trez, Nakamba, Samatta where we immediately gained followers from their respective nations. But watching several of Schalke's games since the restart, he had been head and shoulders above most of his teammates in the games. Feels like it would be a perfect fit for us.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I give up. Saint-Maximin went for a few million less last summer and I'll be amazed if anyone thinks Wilson is the superior player. Buendia reportedly being available for ~£20m makes it laughable.

Like I said earlier, I'd take him for around £10m but mostly because I think it would be nice to have a left footed player to play on the right to give us an option.

I'd much rather us get a cheaper Snodgrass to remedy that.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I mean, how does he contact the "Dean Smith's side".  Does he ring the ticket office and ask them to pass on the message or something?

If me playing football on a Wednesday and Friday night has taught me anything it's that one of the lads tells Dean Smith that he's got a mate who wants a kick about, Smith asks if he's any good, they say yeah he's alright and he gets added to the WhatsApp group 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is a completely embellished report by HITC, based on an already tenuous mention from the Birmingham Mail earlier this morning of all places, that McKennie, or his agent, has asked about Southampton and Aston Villa (Likely along the lines of what are their aspirations going forward).

Just ignore it.

The only things that we know for certain is that McKennie is keen to move to the Premier League and Schalke are keen to sell (To use the money made to strengthen their squad. The exact same situation as with Werder Bremen).

I personally am going to wait until a more reputable publication decides to report something new with substance.

• Like 2