Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you agree he’s our best centre half though? Or do you think he should be 3rd or 4th choice?

No. In my opinion Konsa is.

Mings is ok, but he is making way too many mistakes. Hause and Engels are both terrible and players i'd like to see us sell and get better competition for Mings and Konsa. 

Edited by villalad21

Konsa is more experienced than Mings and Axel when it comes to first team football. He has comparable, stats and ratings to the overly vaunted Axel as well, so NO issues with him whatsoever.

I still think we need another experienced CB ( not Necessarily prem experience ) without knowing the ins and outs with Engels his drop in form was alarming ! 

Edited by thabucks

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

2 errors leading to goals. a stat shared with 10 other premier league defenders.

In those stats, if another player (say Hause for example) stands still near the sideline or slowly joggs back leaving a huge gap in the defence when the opponents score, is it still registered only as a fault by Mings leading to a goal then? Or if a winger (say El Gahzi) doesn't track back leaving our right back alone with two opponents to cover, goes for the wrong one and the opponents score, is it then also only registered as a fault by Mings?

13 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

In those stats, if another player (say Hause for example) stands still near the sideline or slowly joggs back leaving a huge gap in the defence when the opponents score, is it still registered only as a fault by Mings leading to a goal then? Or if a winger (say El Gahzi) doesn't track back leaving our right back alone with two opponents to cover, goes for the wrong one and the opponents score, is it then also only registered as a fault by Mings?

If I remember correctly both his faults was dilly Dalling on the ball when he should have cleared it. He was poor for a while after the England call up, trying to do too much. He's greatly improved since then. I think Mings will have an excellent season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skruff said:

If I remember correctly both his faults was dilly Dalling on the ball when he should have cleared it. He was poor for a while after the England call up, trying to do too much. He's greatly improved since then. I think Mings will have an excellent season. 

Yeah he had a couple of those where the goal was clearly mostly his fault, the whole situation must be analysed though and my point is that stats like the ones mistakes leading to goals against are quite subjective and can't really be used in the same way as stats of for example goals scored. It's more about opinions than stats imo. 

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Hause is useful to have as he is by far the best in the air out of our defenders. That's his strength.

Yep, he's 4th choice back up, when we play lower league clubs in the cup and I lazily say they got a bit longer and physical hause and his ball magnet head comes in and should be fine 

I also think Luiz playing better in the middle and wanting the ball more and more should help the likes of hause, if he has Luiz open 5 yards in front of him and still goes long and aimless then we have a problem but I don't think he will 

10 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Antonee Robinson has joined Fulham for approx 2m. We should have been all over that deal, as he would have provided good competition for Targett.

Rumour was they offered him £50k/week which is absolutely obscene if true.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

Rico Henry would now be perfect as well as Aaron’s on the right (I think he is worth the gamble @£20mill) McKennie in the middle of midfiled with wankfestDream scenario Thauvin, Rashica & Edouard though I’d personally be happy with Buendia as more realistic @RW... Smuggle under the radar Butland on the cheap and alongside Edouard and Voila... A £120 million fantasists Pipe dream pending spree...  

Edited by thabucks

35 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Antonee Robinson has joined Fulham for approx 2m. We should have been all over that deal, as he would have provided good competition for Targett.

Who?

E

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Of the players we've been linked with, If we start the season with a 6 like this I'll be happy:

........................Luiz........................

...........SJM.........McKennie..........

Rashica................................Jack

....................Edouard.....................

Signing Rashica: £22mil; McKennie: £20mil; Edouard: £30-35mil. That leaves around £25-30mil to improve the defence imo. 

I think that gives a much more solid base to the midfield, with more pace and threat out wide and imo Edouard has the potential to be a top level striker even if he does play in a pretty mediocre league.

The rest of the money I'd look at signing another CB to compete with Mings and Konsa (Lyuindama, Ajer, Malang Sarr ), a full back (Aarons, Clyne) and a GK especially if Heaton's injury has impacted his level of performance (Cillensen would be brilliant).

Exactly where I’m at pretty much 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Konsa is more experienced than Mings and Axel when it comes to first team football. He has comparable, stats and ratings to the overly vaunted Axel as well, so NO issues with him whatsoever.

I still think we need another experienced CB ( not Necessarily prem experience ) without knowing the ins and outs with Engels his drop in form was alarming ! 

How so?