Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Smith saying 55 million to much for Rahma and Watkins a d I have to agree. What's annoying is Brentford are asking those prices because they know we are involved and after them, I bet you though if we pull away from wanting to sign them that they will go lower there prices to about 40-45 million for some other premier club. It will be another Maupay situation where another club picks these Brentford players up for much cheaper than what we would of had to pay for them and Brentford piss me off with this type of behaviour. 

Brentford do seem to have upped their asking price from £20m-£25m last season, don't they? £25m for Watkins & £30m for Benrahma perhaps?

It seems that Bournemouth are looking for top dollar too and possibly Watford as well, but Norwich may be being a bit more realistic with talk of £20m for Buendia and Cantwell.   

I have said before that 4 players for £20m-£35m, should do the job for us during this window. We should be able to get most of our main targets for that sort of money. What we don't want to be doing is going down to third or fourth choices again. You generally get what you pay for after all.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Is anyone else not fully convinced by Konsa... I mean he got a lot better after the break but he still made a few silly errors. Should we be looking for a new CB partner for Mings too? I saw Engels in training, but not sure if he’s back in the fold or not.

trying to think of silly errors he made? i thought he was excellent and one of few real success stories from this season. thought he looked decent at RB too, put in some great crosses. after that man u game when keane went in hard about mings i thought the pair of them were outstanding.

hause got better as the season went on too and i do really like engels as well. CB is a position i have few concerns about.

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Is anyone else not fully convinced by Konsa... I mean he got a lot better after the break but he still made a few silly errors. Should we be looking for a new CB partner for Mings too? I saw Engels in training, but not sure if he’s back in the fold or not.

I'm the other way around.

I'm not fully convinced by Mings. No other defenders has made more mistakes leading to goals against.

You can't just ignore that.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Interested whether any of the people that keep pointing back to his goal numbers (ignoring the fact a winger getting 0 assists is dire) have actually watched him or looked at the opinions of people who watched him all season.

He wouldn't be a bad option for the right, so long as we add pace to the left, or upfront. However I don't really rate him as a starter. Don't think he is all that. Willing to be proved wrong though.

Stylistically like de bruyne nowhere near that class though.

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

trying to think of silly errors he made? i thought he was excellent and one of few real success stories from this season. thought he looked decent at RB too, put in some great crosses. after that man u game when keane went in hard about mings i thought the pair of them were outstanding.

hause got better as the season went on too and i do really like engels as well. CB is a position i have few concerns about.

There was the VAR ruled out goal against Crystal Palace where he didn’t even attempt to head the ball, and Sakho armed it in to the net. There was that balls up that let Dwight Gayle score for Newcastle... 

I’m not a hater by any means and I like him, I’m just concerned it’s too much too soon for him in a way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

There was the VAR ruled out goal against Crystal Palace where he didn’t even attempt to head the ball, and Sakho armed it in to the net. There was that balls up that let Dwight Gayle score for Newcastle... 

I’m not a hater by any means and I like him, I’m just concerned it’s too much too soon for him in a way.

there's nowhere to hide though for defenders/keepers. odd mistakes will be punished. the top defenders do them too. it's the ones that make them regularly that then become questioned. it's not like he's looked suspect regularly

• Like 2