Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Isn't Wilson a bit soft and weak? Not saying we need a brute playing on the flanks but I'd like some aggression and someone who will help us win back the ball early. I imagine this is why Klopp don't fancy him.

Yes.....and we have too many of them,already.

Having a level of aggression which is crucial, as you say is not being a brute.

it does amaze me how we spend so much time speculating on lightweight wingers, when we have so many other types of player we are short of.

Edited by TRO

Add my voice to those who aren't a fan of Wilson. Was surprised to see he got 7 goals last year. 

Don't think he contributes much to the attack at all but obviously has a knack of popping up in the right place and has a decent long shot on him. 

Played pretty much every game before lockdown for Bournemouth but was then instantly dropped for David Brooks. 

We can do so so much better for the kind of fees being discussed. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

we need quality not more wesleys or el gahzi

You can not guarantee that both Watkins or Benrahma will work and 55 million would see us as a laughing stock and more questions raised in recruitment if we made such a crazy deal like that.

Edited by Dave-R

I really don't rate Wilson at all. He's the winger version of Hourihane, set piece merchant.

And especially not for £20m that Bryce mentions Jesus Christ 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What does this even mean? McKennie has asked who about us? Villareport making shit up again. 

Well this is exactly what some Villa fans want, players asking to join us, not like that Judas Rashica holding out for CL... 😂

Villa Report has turned off the comments on that post, must be fed up of the abuse! 

When you hear about £20 and 30 million for Wilson, Benrahma or Watkins, we really need to ask for more than £ 80 million for Jack.

It's gonna be interesting to see how much covid affects things. I thought initially it wouldn't make much difference for PL clubs and that the inflation of values to just continue its rise, but right now it's not a whole lot happening and maybe clubs are being more careful. Thank feck we didn't go down and had to sell Jack now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

McKennie

Rashica

Benrahma

Edouard

Job done.

No RW/RF in there? swop Benny for Watkins and we’re in business. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 2

If Wilson bulked up like Jack did then he would be a good player, I think we could do with a left footer who can play on the right but Wilson doesn't seem that much stronger than Jota.  Problem is if our first choice winger/attackers like Rashica won't come then Wilson is the kind of player on the next rung that we will have to look at.