Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just realised Sarkic has signed for Wolves.

Very strange one, as I thought he wanted to leave for first team football?

He's basically gone to Wolves to go out on loan again. WTF?

Wolves are run by an agent. 

11 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Have to agree with you totally here. Probably not popular, but an experienced Premier League player next to Mings and for Konsa to learn from would be good for everyone I feel next season.  Smalling or Vertonghen spring to mind.

What about Engels and Hause?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What about Engels and Hause?

Engels I don’t believe is good enough and think he could be moved on.  Hause is the Mings back up. I feel we would benefit greatly from an experienced head next to Mings, with Konsa as back up to any new signing.  Just my opinion of course, but we lack an experienced head in defence especially if Reina goes and Heaton isn’t fit to start the new season.  A Cahill type if you like.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think we would get him but Max Aarons from Norwich would be right up there on my list, absolutely cracking player, I suspect he will end up at one of the big boys though.

Was brilliant against us at Villa Park. Went round Targett time and time again. Agreed he looks a good player but is he all that defensively? I actually don’t know so I’m asking! 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Just to start an argument - if a £30m bid for Mcginn came in would you take it ?

No. Going rates are incredibly high because of the premier league cash. Decent but not great players like Hojberg are supposedly going for 40 mil. There's no point in selling McGinn for 30-40 mil only to buy a replacement for the same price and start building a team all over again. We're at the stage where we can hopefully build on the base we already have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

No. Going rates are incredibly high because of the premier league cash. Decent but not great players like Hojberg are supposedly going for 40 mil. There's no point in selling McGinn for 30-40 mil only to buy a replacement for the same price and start building a team all over again. We're at the stage where we can hopefully build on the base we already have.

The correct answer.

We need some stability within the squad. 

Edited by MCU

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Early season he looked great - but even before he got injured he was floundering........is his stock now higher than it's ever going to be ???

6 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Bingo.  Do I think McGinn is a £30m player?  No.  Is it worth taking that to start rebuilding a squad again, though?  No.

Joe Rodon (Swansea) is a Central Defender i hope we look at this transfer window! 22-years old 6 ft 4" in height and potentially he can develop nicely just like Konsa has.

Rodon has impressed me every time i have watched him this last few season's.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Early season he looked great - but even before he got injured he was floundering........is his stock now higher than it's ever going to be ???

The days of selling players who are getting consistent appearances in our starting XI should be over.  Especially selling at "market value".  If we are to aim higher, selling vital cogs of our starting XI and then having to spend that money to replace them like-for-like is spinning our wheels.  That is a losing game.  Eventually the turnover catches up with you, and you stop finding gems, and end up with a squad like we had in 2015/2016.  

Edited by Paulie
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

When does the window close this year ?- is it when the season starts or have they extended it for Covid reasons ?

Pretty sure I read it’s in October, possibly at the start of the month. 

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

When does the window close this year ?- is it when the season starts or have they extended it for Covid reasons ?

5th oct

but i think trades between prem and lower leagues allowed for a week or 2 after that date?