Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Easy to forget when we get excited at the start of a new transfer window, but there is a 25 man squad limit in the premier league.

Don't forget we had to deregister Heaton and Wesley to make way for Drinkwater and Reina, that's how full our squad is.

For every signing that comes in, someone will HAVE to go.

So on that basis I don't think we will be doing as much business as some are predicting on here. Maybe 4 or 5.

2 new starting wide players, a striker, a centre back and maybe one other. Each of these needs to be of absolute quality and walk straight into our team

Think Jota, Lansbury, Nyland and Davis will all be leaving to make way, dont think Davis qualifies as an under 21 player anymore and for me he's not good enough

• Like 1

A thought I just had.

Jacks and Douglas Luiz profile will have increased even further now, worldwide.

This is something which could now actually be used as a selling point to other top young players.

You can bet there are a couple of top young players out there who would love the chance to come in and join our "Mini revolution' and be a part of something potentially special.

One thing which is also coming back is that we are more of a "Family" club than most, seeing the togetherness, as well as ambition should be attractive to alot.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

When does the window slam shut this time around?

From the Premier League website: 

"The summer 2020 transfer window started on 27 July and is open for 10 weeks, ending on 5 October.  

A domestic-only window, during which Premier League clubs can only trade with those in the EFL, will run from 5 October to 17:00 BST on 16 October."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I imagine the below will be the squad left over and in red is what we need IMO. 7 players. We can possibly do without a GK.

GK

Heaton, Backup GK, Steer

RB

Guilbert, Elmo

LB

Targett, LB

CB

Mings, Experienced CB, Konsa, Hause, Engels

DM

Luiz, Nakamba

CM

McGinn, Hourihane, Creative player to replace Grealish

Wingers

Trez, El Ghazi, 2 first team wingers

ST

Big name Striker, Wes, Davis, Samatta

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I imagine the below will be the squad left over and in red is what we need IMO. 7 players. We can possibly do without a GK.

GK

Heaton, Backup GK, Steer

RB

Guilbert, Elmo

LB

Targett, LB

CB

Mings, Experienced CB, Konsa, Hause, Engels

DM

Luiz, Nakamba

CM

McGinn, Hourihane, Creative player to replace Grealish

Wingers

Trez, El Ghazi, 2 first team wingers

ST

Big name Striker, Wes, Davis, Samatta

Grealish isnt leaving mate

How about Samu Chukwueze from Villarreal. Low key better than Sarr and so much potential. Proper Winger

Seen Leeds are interested in "the new messi"  Thiago Almada, Buy out clause £19mil 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Easy to forget when we get excited at the start of a new transfer window, but there is a 25 man squad limit in the premier league.

Don't forget we had to deregister Heaton and Wesley to make way for Drinkwater and Reina, that's how full our squad is.

For every signing that comes in, someone will HAVE to go.

So on that basis I don't think we will be doing as much business as some are predicting on here. Maybe 4 or 5.

2 new starting wide players, a striker, a centre back and maybe one other. Each of these needs to be of absolute quality and walk straight into our team

Think Jota, Lansbury, Nyland and Davis will all be leaving to make way, dont think Davis qualifies as an under 21 player anymore and for me he's not good enough

We still have Lansbury, Taylor, Sarkic (at the time) and Jota who we can get rid of. We will probably sell samatta and one of trez and el ghazi. Wouldn't be surprised to see nakamba go either although he may be kept for depth. We will also dump kalinic. That is probably 6 or 7 squad places and if they are 21 or under When the calendar years starts they don't count towards the squad limit. So I think a lot people are expecting 4 or 5 big signings and then 3 or 4 youth signings who can play a bit part and progress into quality players 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Antonee Robinson at Wigan might be worth looking at, nearly signed for Milan in January but failed a medical due to heart irregularities. Still young and needs to learn but would offer some pace to our back line. 

Edited by VillaAlex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

The Tuanzebe ship has sailed for me. He's been injured pretty much all year and not played, all the progress he made with us in the promotion season has gone. We have our own now in Konsa who is developing superbly and is just as good as what Tuanzebe would be. 

Time to move on from him imo. 

Never go back. Completely agree. 

What's the opinion of making a big offer for Ake though? 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Never go back. Completely agree. 

What's the opinion of making a big offer for Ake though? 

Left footed CB, does he work with mings? 

Also think he's the left footed CB that the likes of arsenal or Everton go shopping for at £40 rather than mings 

Edited by villa4europe

Thought i'd do a little chug through our squad to see whats needed.

GK

Heaton: not sure, at his age, if he will come back the same player.  Maybe keep as #2

Nyland: get rid, as i think we can do better.

Steer: i think hes ok, dont think DS rates him, so get rid.

Kalinic: get rid.

Reina: gone

Sarkic: gone

New #1

Promote a youth keeper as #3

RB

Guilbert: shows promise.  Not sure he's #1 material, but easily good enough as #2

Elmo: i think he's done at this level and we should move him on.

New RB either a new starter or a decent young one to compete with Guilbert

LB

Taylor is done, get rid.

Targett: hit and miss but has enough about him to hold on for now

New LB either to start or a young one to compete

CB

Mings: i have my issues with him, think he has a big error in him frequently. But think we need to keep him.

Engels: i think he's on his way.  Don't think DS likes him.  Gone

Konsa: good young cb.  Needs time to develop at this level. Keep

Hause: he's not great, but as backup he is ok.  Keep

New CB.  Think we need an experienced leader (i don't think Mings is well suited to it).

CM

McGinn: keep, nothing more to say

Luiz: keep, nothing more to say

Grealish: something tells me he is leaving.  I hope not.  Keep

Nakamba: think he is a decent backup.  Keep

Hourihane: outside of his set pieces he really doesn't offer much.  Get rid

Lansbury: get rid

Jota: get rid.  Was worth a punt, it didnt work.

Drinkwater: gone (thank f#@k)

Ramsay: loan out

Hayden: loan out

New CM as cover/competition for Luiz (as i think Nakamba isn't a dm)

New CM as cover for Jack, an attacking/creative player (possibly shared with the wing positions)

RW

El Ghazi: might be ok as backup for now.  Keep

New RW starter.  Desperately needed.

LW

Trezeguet: ok as an impact sub, not a starter.  Keep

New LW starter desperately needed.

ST

Wesley: i remain unconvinced by him, and think Davis is the better all round striker.  Still injured so have to keep

Samatta: also unconvinced by him.  Offers something different to Wesley and Davis.  Keep?

Davis: whilst not a goal threat, in open play, for me is the best of our 3 current strikers.  Keep

Archer: loan out

Vassiliev: loan out

Barrie: loan out

New ST desperately needed, someone who can offer us goals.  I'm thinking in the mould of Carew or Benteke when they were at Villa