Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

12 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Probably been mentioned already but I'd keep an eye on the championship play offs and should brentford mess up then go in for benrahma esp if trez is off to Turkey. 

I think Benrahma might play his face up for a move and if we offer a fair fee say £12-15m then it might help them make a dent in the debt of a new stadium esp when there's not going to be any fans in it for however long.

Dream on, We only sell at our valuation as Villa discoverd last year, we were the only Championship club to post a profit last season (£20 Million profit made on player sales alone), and that did not count with the sale of Maupay £18.5M, Konsa £12M + 3 more making a grand total of close on £40M profit that goes on this seasons books,  and this is the only way we survive by buying players cheap, developing them and selling them on at premium prices, as far as the new stadium goes there is very little debt as Griffin Park is destined for prime housing and was purchased by the developers who built our new stadium and the surrounding flats, 

After yesterdays disaster at Swansea we have a uphill battle to join you in the Premiership, as we peaked far to early, It is more than likely that Benrahama will move on anyway, and the feeling is the fee will be in the region of £25-30 Million with Chelsea allegedly leading the chase.

• Thanks 1

Im gonna bury my head in the sand and beleive Grealish stays....... :P

So, assuming max cash to splash (180m), personally, i would go for:

GK - unsure - 20m (just because i believe Heaton will be out for a while yet?, and not ready for the new season)

DR/L - Aarons - 25m

MC - Doucoure - 25m

MC - unsure? (need a second DM/MC tho) - 20m

W - Buendia - 35m

W - Benrahma or Cantwell 30m

S - Mitrovic - 25m (mainly as Wesley wont be ready for the new season, and i dont want us relying on Samatta/Davis entirely)

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, jonjon said:

Dream on, We only sell at our valuation as Villa discoverd last year, we were the only Championship club to post a profit last season (£20 Million profit made on player sales alone), and that did not count with the sale of Maupay £18.5M, Konsa £12M + 3 more making a grand total of close on £40M profit that goes on this seasons books,  and this is the only way we survive by buying players cheap, developing them and selling them on at premium prices, as far as the new stadium goes there is very little debt as Griffin Park is destined for prime housing and was purchased by the developers who built our new stadium and the surrounding flats, 

After yesterdays disaster at Swansea we have a uphill battle to join you in the Premiership, as we peaked far to early, It is more than likely that Benrahama will move on anyway, and the feeling is the fee will be in the region of £25-30 Million with Chelsea allegedly leading the chase.

I can't see Chelsea going for Benrahma if they get Havertz. I personally think a fee between £20m and £25m would do it. He's one of the best players in the Championship and would make a big difference to us.

I don't think anyone will pay much more than £20m for Benrahma, he's a good player and would improve us, but I think he's way overrated on here, gets goals and assists and can obviously come up with moments of brilliance but also gives the ball away an awful lot trying to do unnecessary things, and he's 25 this year and hasn't proven anything at an higher level than the championship, and I say all that as someone who thinks he would be a good signing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Agree with this, would expect 30m given prices elsewhere and looks worth every penny. Though I obviously need to toe the villa talk line which is that you must sell to us as it's a buyer's market except for in the case of jack grealish. 

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

GK - unsure - 20m (just because i believe Heaton will be out for a while yet?, and not ready for the new season)

DR/L - Aarons - 25m

MC - Doucoure - 25m

W - Buendia - 35m

S - Mitrovic - 25m (mainly as Wesley wont be ready for the new season, and i dont want us relying on Samatta/Davis entirely)

Think we can do miles better than Mitrovic, mate. Especially at 25m!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

If we're looking for help on the wing maybe we should look into this Ronaldo fella.

Was more thinking maybe Berardi. Looks like he's had a good season and we were linked last year.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

DR/L - Aarons - 25m

MC - Doucoure - 25m

W - Buendia - 35m

We will almost certainly not be shopping in the relegation and championship teams only. Not to say there aren't good buys there, but there's no way these all happen. 

• Like 1

I admire the positivity in this thread, but I fear this will be a disappointing transfer window.

Not convinced our owners will spend heavily without knowing what Jack's plans are. Can see a jack transfer going down to the wire, frustrating everything 

Also can see alot of uncertainty in the market. Covid , losses what is the new normal? People will be cautious about spending large amounts and likewise clubs will be reluctant to sell for less than the going rate last year. Could be a slow window all round I fear 

Hope I'm wrong!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

DR/L - Aarons - 25m

MC - Doucoure - 25m

W - Buendia - 35m

All relegated players 

• Like 1

Just now, ramshackler said:

I admire the positivity in this thread, but I fear this will be a disappointing transfer window.

Not convinced our owners will spend heavily without knowing what Jack's plans are. Can see a jack transfer going down to the wire, frustrating everything 

Also can see alot of uncertainty in the market. Covid , losses what is the new normal? People will be cautious about spending large amounts and likewise clubs will be reluctant to sell for less than the going rate last year. Could be a slow window all round I fear 

Hope I'm wrong!

I think you will be wrong this time round tbh. Best thing for us to convince Jack to stay is to get good players in early. 

• Like 2

Just now, gwi1890 said:

All relegated players 

and?

So if Villa got relegated you wouldnt advise another Prem team to sign Grealish?

All relegated teams have at least a couple of very Premiership worthy players., getting hung up over them being relegated is just silly.

Just for example, Grealish (could have been), Gana, Veretout, Adama, Westwood, Ayew........all relegated or nearly relegated with Villa.......all premiership quality, its just they played with a lot of cr*p players, or werent quite ready themselves at the time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I can't see Chelsea going for Benrahma if they get Havertz. I personally think a fee between £20m and £25m would do it. He's one of the best players in the Championship and would make a big difference to us.

I would love to see him in a Villa shirt, as I can't stand Chelsea, or Arsenal (another interested club) but you will have to pay the price, £20M is far too low as he still has 2 years left on his contract, and that always puts the price up, If Villa are seriously interested in him they don't need to mess up any bidding with us like they did last time (allegedly) and miss the boat.

4 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Hope I'm wrong!

Have you met Chelsea?

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

I would love to see him in a Villa shirt, as I can't stand Chelsea, or Arsenal (another interested club) but you will have to pay the price, £20M is far too low as he still has 2 years left on his contract, and that always puts the price up, If Villa are seriously interested in him they don't need to mess up any bidding with us like they did last time (allegedly) and miss the boat.

i would bid 25m for Benrahma, and also pay whats needed to get Buendia (25-35?), both quality, and would improve our wing options no end.

Edited by MaVilla

20 minutes ago, jonjon said:

What can you tell me about Josh Dasilva?