Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

It's no secret we lack pace, but I actually think a few smart signings who are rapid would also bring the best out of our existing players. It'd take a big outlay, but if we had a big powerful forward, with two dynamic and rapid wingers either side of him, you could then play Grealish (if he stays) or another CM with McGinn and Luiz and the attacking play could be frightening. When it's Samatta, Trezeguet and El Ghazy, the threat is severely nullified. All are capable on their day, but should be squad players at best.

I think you are bang on there mate. It also gives us the opportunity to counter quickly more than we did last season.

Hopefully (if he is staying) will also give grealish more space as teams won’t be able to keep 2 players on him if we have 2 or 3 quality outlets instead of only really having jack as the outlet

• Like 1

Patson Daka has a release clause of 18m ISH allegedly? There's some electric pace up front.

Noah Okafor his teammate who went to RB Salzburg in January has a lower release clause but I don't know how much. 0 - fast in 2 signings.

Edited by Sulberto21

8 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

If we do lose Jack, I hope we go after Josip Brekalo from Wolfsburg. I know a lot of people on this board like Milot Rashica, but I think Brekalo is on a par with Rashica and could prove to be better. Not all that dissimilar to Eze, either, and could be more of a bargain.

Brekalo is very good and always catches the eye but I just think Rashica has that bit extra. Would be happy with either though. Also Amine Harit from Schalke is a lovely player and may be getable as Schalke do love to sell a good player.

• Like 2

I see people quoting names I’ve never heard and I watch a lot of football and I’m just wondering what people’s thoughts are for next season.

i know we tried recruitment from overseas at a lower value level and now we are/maybe stepping up a level but buying players from foreign leagues that are potential stars scares me a little considering we have only just avoided relegation.

Part of me wants more focus with some solid signings/less risk from the Premiership than potential/high risk overseas talent.  As long as we get the blend right between the two I’m ok but would not want to throw all our eggs into potential/risk plays.  I’d rather buy one or two less players and pay extra for something less risky.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I see people quoting names I’ve never heard and I watch a lot of football and I’m just wondering what people’s thoughts are for next season.

i know we tried recruitment from overseas at a lower value level and now we are/maybe stepping up a level but buying players from foreign leagues that are potential stars scares me a little considering we have only just avoided relegation.

Part of me wants more focus with some solid signings/less risk from the Premiership than potential/high risk overseas talent.  As long as we get the blend right between the two I’m ok but would not want to throw all our eggs into potential/risk plays.  I’d rather buy one or two less players and pay extra for something less risky.

The problem with only buying players with Premier League experience is down to value for money. English clubs charge way more than European clubs. I do agree that buying players from abroad without PL experience is riskier but that doesn't mean quality players aren't out there. It is purely down to scouting and recruitment. If you have proper people in doing those jobs, there is a serious amount of talent across Europe to be had. The Bundesliga is my favourite league and I could probably name at least 10 players who would improve us but also wouldn't cost half of what a similar level player based in England might do. Really, the best signing we can make this summer is Suso's replacement.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think for me we need pace and ideally players that are already used to playing the high press. Then I believe it's not important for the players to be experienced in the Premier League. 

A fair few fans are not convinced by samatta and admittedly he has gone backwards but one can see he is used to playing the high press. Only problem is he seems to have discovered that kebab shop on ladypool rd 😂.

• Like 2

From Daily Mail: I really  hope we go for Benrahma & Eze! :)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8559579/The-transfer-window-open-players-club-targeting.html

Aston Villa 

While much of the focus at Aston Villa will centre around the future of captain Jack Grealish, John McGinn has given a stark reminder to the board that investment is needed this summer.

Villa spent £140m on new signings last summer, but early rumours suggest they will be looking to bring in youth as well as splashing the cash.

Highly-rated Dutchmen Sil Swinkels and Melayro Bogarde from Vitesse Arnhem and Hoffenheim respectively have been linked to the Midlands club.

The club have also been given outside chances of signing Brentford duo Said Benrahma and Ollie Watkins as well as Queen's Park Rangers star Eberechi Eze

Positions they want to strengthen: Centre-back, attacking midfielder, striker

Players they are interested in: Sil Swinkels, Melayro Bogarde, Ollie Watkins

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Who is this Bogarde? Any relation to Winston?

He's the nephew of Winston Bogarde

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/melayro-bogarde/profil/spieler/476915

FURTHER INFORMATION
Melayro Bogarde is the nephew of Winston Bogarde (Assistant Manager Ajax Amsterdam U21).

Melayro Bogarde is the brother of Lamare Bogarde (Feyenoord U18).

Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Who is this Bogarde? Any relation to Winston?

His nephew. He made his Bundesliga debut in the last couple of games of Hoffenheim's season. Meant to be quite a good prospect.

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

stepping stone, that's the reality of where we are at

go out and get the likes of benrahma, eze and say you can sign for us now, play every week and then in 3/4 years time get your move to Chelsea or spurs as a first teamer or you can go there now and sit on their bench, then add to that malang sarr and then if I can dream someone like Szoboszlai or Onguene at Salzburg or Doku and Kana at Anderlecht or even Edouard, moro or properly dream and say stengs, boadu...and then just pray that they actually make us good enough that they don't want to leave but worst case scenario if they do leave its for a huge profit which means we can build again - gouiri has already gone to nice for about £6m, we should be all over that

pair that with a couple of really well scouted older heads, we still need our moutinho in midfield, probably another one at the back too

• Like 1

Michy Batshauyi would be a decent shout for a striker no? Was good at Palace when he was there. Very good at Dortmund and has a good scoring record for Belgium. His contract expires next June so would probably be available for a relatively low price. Played practially no football this season apart from a sub appearance here and there. If you take away the league cup and fa cup matches that he started in, he played more than 20 minutes only twice.

• Like 1

I know it’s completely unrealistic, as players at this level often go on to a similar level, but I’d love it if we could ambitiously get someone like Jan Vertongen. I’m happy with Konsa and Mings at the back, but someone like Vertongen next to Mings would remove youthful errors and improve us loads.

• Like 3

That Josh Onomah, who scored a terrific solo goal for Fulham last night looks some player, on the basis of last night at least. Neeskens Kebano can certainly hit a free kick too and he's played for Genk. What's not to like about these two?  ;)  

7 minutes ago, John said:

That Josh Onomah, who scored a terrific solo goal for Fulham last night looks some player, on the basis of last night at least. Neeskens Kebano can certainly hit a free kick too and he's played for Genk. What's not to like about these two?  ;)  

He looks shite when he was with us.

• Haha 1