Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

No. Going rates are incredibly high because of the premier league cash. Decent but not great players like Hojberg are supposedly going for 40 mil. There's no point in selling McGinn for 30-40 mil only to buy a replacement for the same price and start building a team all over again. We're at the stage where we can hopefully build on the base we already have.

Spot on. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Perfect example why you can't judge young foreigners coming into this league too hastily. 

He played every youth level for Italy, but we just shipped him out. Didn't even send him on loan. Just bizarre. 

He wanted to leave as we didn't have an Italian goalkeeping coach as Bruce brought his own coach. We also sent him on loan as well but Bruce preferred Johnstone long term

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Perfect example why you can't judge young foreigners coming into this league too hastily. 

He played every youth level for Italy, but we just shipped him out. Didn't even send him on loan. Just bizarre. 

I knew he was a baller the first time I saw him rap.

Seriously though he made some stunning saves fair enough he looked scared when the ball was crossed in most euro Keepers struggle with that. His distribution isn't bad either.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He wanted to leave as we didn't have an Italian goalkeeping coach as Bruce brought his own coach. We also sent him on loan as well but Bruce preferred Johnstone long term

Fair point. Should have just brought a GK in mind. 

Pretty amusing he was sent to Atalanta. Talk about two clubs doing things differently. 

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

Another one from our money making stable, best improved player this year, still learning and getting better all the time, going to be outstanding, snapped for nothing from Arsenal, will fetch us another handsome profit.

Slightly tongue in cheek, but the way you talk on here makes it sound like you've got a team of players worth £15m-£25m each. Only thing I would say is you've got to be careful not to big them up too much, otherwise it'll start to look like your manager is underperforming with a squad that good. 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mykeyb said:

We need to be buying starters not squad fillers so any new signing has to be in our first eleven

You think we can attract better players than Luiz and Jack?

I mean, i love your optimism, but i think that might be a bit beyond us!

The only others i mention that were not starters were the fullbacks, where i say starters or competition, because good fullbacks are hard got.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Slightly tongue in cheek, but the way you talk on here makes it sound like you've got a team of players worth £15m-£25m each. Only thing I would say is you've got to be careful not to big them up too much, otherwise it'll start to look like your manager is underperforming with a squad that good. 🙂

Well...  That was their rationale for coping with losing Smith to us...  Their best manager in recent history was "underperforming" and "Thomas Frank was the real tactical genius" on the coaching staff.  

4 hours ago, jonjon said:

Dream on, We only sell at our valuation as Villa discoverd last year, we were the only Championship club to post a profit last season (£20 Million profit made on player sales alone), and that did not count with the sale of Maupay £18.5M, Konsa £12M + 3 more making a grand total of close on £40M profit that goes on this seasons books,  and this is the only way we survive by buying players cheap, developing them and selling them on at premium prices, as far as the new stadium goes there is very little debt as Griffin Park is destined for prime housing and was purchased by the developers who built our new stadium and the surrounding flats, 

After yesterdays disaster at Swansea we have a uphill battle to join you in the Premiership, as we peaked far to early, It is more than likely that Benrahama will move on anyway, and the feeling is the fee will be in the region of £25-30 Million with Chelsea allegedly leading the chase.

I swear Brentford fans get off on this 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'd like us to look for some players from Serie A tbh...

Federico Chiesa looks as good a player as his father, Enrico was. 

Currently at Fiorentina and probably too ambitious for us to attempt to sign but he'd be ideal and a left sided side forward

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I can see where your coming from, we have what is considered by many people a team of player more than competent to hold their own in the Championship who play good fast flowing football for most of the time, and are worth the same price as players from other teams in the Championship, but within that group we unearth each year a couple of exceptional talents that are worth the price you state, Griffin Park only holds 12,000 with just 98 corporate seats means we have to sell them each year to survive, hopefully the revenue that the new stadium will bring in means we might be able to stop selling our best players.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I swear Brentford fans get off on this 😂

I know people find it funny, but it is admirable.

Lets face it if a big club did it like they do it they would be hailed as genius' and would fly into the top 6 in our league 

• Like 2