Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Do we really need Axel Tuanzebe, I'd agree that Esri Konsa has leaped ahead of him in the development stakes...

Konsa over 160 appearances 23 in the PL

Axel 40 appearances 10 in the PL

They are the same age too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I think that means either Wesley or Samatta needs to go.

I just can't understand how people can equate the two here. You're not sure who should stay out of a choice of a raw 23 year old who developed into a focal point for the team, who showed genuine promise, or a 27 year old who offers no goal threat and can't hold the ball up. I certainly know who I would favour out of the two.

Completely understand the thinking behind the move for Samatta, but he looks every bit the no other option panic buy that he was.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Do we really need Axel Tuanzebe, I'd agree that Esri Konsa has leaped ahead of him in the development stakes...

Konsa over 160 appearances 23 in the PL

Axel 40 appearances 10 in the PL

They are the same age too.

Konsa who lost Antonio yesterday presenting them with a gilt edged chance which 9/10 he would of buried - also fluffed a clearance for the Walcot goal recently - think people need to get the Brentford/Rose tinted glasses off. Hes ok - but a fit AT trumps him imo - would at the very least be looking for someone to push him for his place next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Konsa who lost Antonio yesterday presenting them with a gilt edged chance which 9/10 he would of buried - also fluffed a clearance for the Walcot goal recently - think people need to get the Brentford/Rose tinted glasses off. Hes ok - but a fit AT trumps him imo - would at the very least be looking for someone to push him for his place next season.

I liked Engels but he certainly seemed to fall out of favour. Doesn't seem the sort to kick up a rumpus but difficult to believe it was just injuries which have kept him out for basically the whole second half of the season. If Engels is moved on then yes we should buy the best CB we can. Konsa has got potential but not the finished article yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Could we tempt any Southampton players?

Ward- Prowse would be excellent, but maybe  unrealistic.

Nathan Redmond always strikes me as a reliable performer too.

I like both of those two but I suspect we would have to pay a lot of money to get them but at 25/26 they are the right age.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Could we tempt any Southampton players?

Ward- Prowse would be excellent, but maybe  unrealistic.

Nathan Redmond always strikes me as a reliable performer too.

Ward-Prowse signed a five year extension literally yesterday.

Southampton have been fantastic under Hasenhuttl since their 9-0 drubbing by Leicester (since that match, they've collected more points than Leicester in fact). I can't see many players wanting to leave, except for those who were already wanting to move on since last summer such as Hojbjerg.

I feel we should be targeting the likes of Oussama Idrissi from AZ Alkmaar. Left winger who likes to cut in on right foot. 13 goals in the league this year (top scorer had 15). Has said he wants to leave the club and they are willing to sell as he only has two years left on his contract. A quality addition at a likely decent price (15-18m?)

Edited by Wes
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Disagree with most of this but bit in bold is the main problem here. Konsa over axel for me. Not wearing any Brentford glasses whatsoever.

• Like 2

While this season has taught us quite a bit about buying players with mostly foreign experience and the time it takes to adapt to the PL, I’d love us to dive into Germany a bit more for players. Milot Rashica and Patrik Schick (was on loan at RB Leipzig from Roma) would be two attainable players who might add quality out wide and up top. 

Edited by LockStockVilla
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I just can't understand how people can equate the two here. You're not sure who should stay out of a choice of a raw 23 year old who developed into a focal point for the team, who showed genuine promise, or a 27 year old who offers no goal threat and can't hold the ball up. I certainly know who I would favour out of the two.

Completely understand the thinking behind the move for Samatta, but he looks every bit the no other option panic buy that he was.

I thought Samatta showed glimpses before the lockdown of being a decent player.  I'd hope that his actual ability is closer to that than what he served up since the restart.  I certainly see no need to sell him as we are already a striker or two light in the squad, at least give him the preseason to work on his fitness and settle in the area, it's not always easy to settle in a new country let alone when you're forced to stay indoors and not train properly.

• Like 4

Any 2 or 3 (depending on if we're going to persist with playing Jack out wide) out of Benrahma, Buendia, Sarr, Eze please. Preferably with Sarr and Benrahma top of the list. Sarr because we desperately need his blistering pace and Benrahma because he's the best of the lot.

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think we would get him but Max Aarons from Norwich would be right up there on my list, absolutely cracking player, I suspect he will end up at one of the big boys though.

Bayern are looking at him

we need Buendia imo (as well as others.....).

Buendia is 4th in chances created, only behind De Bruyne, Grealish & Alexander Arnold.

Buendia & Grealish out wide pls......

and add benrahma for some competition :P

When do we think the first link will come? I'm getting aggitated already. 

Was reading something the other day about how our brains get more joy form the anticipation of something rather than the thing itself. 

Seems to map nicely onto football. In the transfer window you get excited about the possibility of unearthing some great new gem. Then you see them play for Villa and it all goes a bit down hill. 

• Haha 2