Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Barrie stays IMO needs a full year around the club developing, seeing what we're about, us seeing what he's about, before we then look to get him a load of football 

I get what you're saying, and would agree.

The reason why i put load out above is because we haven't seen him named in a squad yet even ahead of vassiliev, who does not look like hes good enough, so i think the coaching team may not see Barrie as being ready for a while

2 hours ago, LockStockVilla said:

While this season has taught us quite a bit about buying players with mostly foreign experience and the time it takes to adapt to the PL, I’d love us to dive into Germany a bit more for players. Milot Rashica and Patrik Schick (was on loan at RB Leipzig from Roma) would be two attainable players who might add quality out wide and up top. 

We’ve been linked with Rashica before, would be the sort of young-ish promising player I hope we will be looking at.

I think we will buy 2/3 wingers dependant on Trez leaving (incl Benrahma), one quality striker, one midfielder (Buendia) and a CB (Luyindama) and possibly Reina too. I can see us spending another £120m+. I don’t really see any one leaving and would be happy if no one did except say Jota and Lansbury. I think Davis needs to go out on loan though.

I wouldn’t mind us looking at Ollie Watkins, I know it’s probably dependant on Brentford’s playoff outcome, but I think he’d do ok in the Prem. 

His stats aren’t great actually looking at them, I thought he’d scored more than that. Reminds me of a Scott Hogan type of record, average and then one really good season. He is still young though

Edited by alreadyexists

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Konsa who lost Antonio yesterday presenting them with a gilt edged chance which 9/10 he would of buried - also fluffed a clearance for the Walcot goal recently - think people need to get the Brentford/Rose tinted glasses off. Hes ok - but a fit AT trumps him imo - would at the very least be looking for someone to push him for his place next season.

Tuenzebe lost many a striker and also the flight of ball in the air. He also gets injured a lot. 
Konsa did not fluff a clearance, that was bloody hard. 

Ideally we want better than both of those at CB 

17 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Thought i'd do a little chug through our squad to see whats needed.

GK

Heaton: not sure, at his age, if he will come back the same player.  Maybe keep as #2

Nyland: get rid, as i think we can do better.

Steer: i think hes ok, dont think DS rates him, so get rid.

Kalinic: get rid.

Reina: gone

Sarkic: gone

New #1

Promote a youth keeper as #3

RB

Guilbert: shows promise.  Not sure he's #1 material, but easily good enough as #2

Elmo: i think he's done at this level and we should move him on.

New RB either a new starter or a decent young one to compete with Guilbert

LB

Taylor is done, get rid.

Targett: hit and miss but has enough about him to hold on for now

New LB either to start or a young one to compete

CB

Mings: i have my issues with him, think he has a big error in him frequently. But think we need to keep him.

Engels: i think he's on his way.  Don't think DS likes him.  Gone

Konsa: good young cb.  Needs time to develop at this level. Keep

Hause: he's not great, but as backup he is ok.  Keep

New CB.  Think we need an experienced leader (i don't think Mings is well suited to it).

CM

McGinn: keep, nothing more to say

Luiz: keep, nothing more to say

Grealish: something tells me he is leaving.  I hope not.  Keep

Nakamba: think he is a decent backup.  Keep

Hourihane: outside of his set pieces he really doesn't offer much.  Get rid

Lansbury: get rid

Jota: get rid.  Was worth a punt, it didnt work.

Drinkwater: gone (thank f#@k)

Ramsay: loan out

Hayden: loan out

New CM as cover/competition for Luiz (as i think Nakamba isn't a dm)

New CM as cover for Jack, an attacking/creative player (possibly shared with the wing positions)

RW

El Ghazi: might be ok as backup for now.  Keep

New RW starter.  Desperately needed.

LW

Trezeguet: ok as an impact sub, not a starter.  Keep

New LW starter desperately needed.

ST

Wesley: i remain unconvinced by him, and think Davis is the better all round striker.  Still injured so have to keep

Samatta: also unconvinced by him.  Offers something different to Wesley and Davis.  Keep?

Davis: whilst not a goal threat, in open play, for me is the best of our 3 current strikers.  Keep

Archer: loan out

Vassiliev: loan out

Barrie: loan out

New ST desperately needed, someone who can offer us goals.  I'm thinking in the mould of Carew or Benteke when they were at Villa

Agree with most of this except Wesley & Davis. I am firmly in the pro-Wesley camp and think Davis hasn’t shown enough (goals) to demand attention. I also think there is a better than 50% chance Jack will stay.

Sadly I think its too soon to try and tempt Tammy, I think he needs to feel rejection before he considers a move although I think he is holding firm on his Contract position so maybe there is a chance... Despite his good season I dont think he is good enough for Chelsea with their resource and ambition, he will need to look elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We’ve been linked with Rashica before, would be the sort of young-ish promising player I hope we will be looking at.

I think we will buy 2/3 wingers dependant on Trez leaving (incl Benrahma), one quality striker, one midfielder (Buendia) and a CB (Luyindama) and possibly Reina too. I can see us spending another £120m+. I don’t really see any one leaving and would be happy if no one did except say Jota and Lansbury. I think Davis needs to go out on loan though.

I've mentioned Rashica every transfer window for the past 2 years I think. Quality player, would love him here. There are so many players from the Bundesliga who would be amazing value. Really hope we do some shopping there.

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Mings for me reminds me of chester. Good, solid defender, fsntastic ambassador for the club.

Put a top class centre half next to him to guide him and he will look like a world beater

Mings looked so much better post-lockdown, they seemed to have coached out that ‘take on the world’ approach he has, and now he is more no-nonsense. He is a great stopper, decent feet and very much has that X-factor you need in the trenches.

Edited by thunderball

29 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Thought i'd do a little chug through our squad to see whats needed.

GK

Heaton: not sure, at his age, if he will come back the same player.  Maybe keep as #2

Nyland: get rid, as i think we can do better.

Steer: i think hes ok, dont think DS rates him, so get rid.

Kalinic: get rid.

Reina: gone

Sarkic: gone

New #1

Promote a youth keeper as #3

RB

Guilbert: shows promise.  Not sure he's #1 material, but easily good enough as #2

Elmo: i think he's done at this level and we should move him on.

New RB either a new starter or a decent young one to compete with Guilbert

LB

Taylor is done, get rid.

Targett: hit and miss but has enough about him to hold on for now

New LB either to start or a young one to compete

CB

Mings: i have my issues with him, think he has a big error in him frequently. But think we need to keep him.

Engels: i think he's on his way.  Don't think DS likes him.  Gone

Konsa: good young cb.  Needs time to develop at this level. Keep

Hause: he's not great, but as backup he is ok.  Keep

New CB.  Think we need an experienced leader (i don't think Mings is well suited to it).

CM

McGinn: keep, nothing more to say

Luiz: keep, nothing more to say

Grealish: something tells me he is leaving.  I hope not.  Keep

Nakamba: think he is a decent backup.  Keep

Hourihane: outside of his set pieces he really doesn't offer much.  Get rid

Lansbury: get rid

Jota: get rid.  Was worth a punt, it didnt work.

Drinkwater: gone (thank f#@k)

Ramsay: loan out

Hayden: loan out

New CM as cover/competition for Luiz (as i think Nakamba isn't a dm)

New CM as cover for Jack, an attacking/creative player (possibly shared with the wing positions)

RW

El Ghazi: might be ok as backup for now.  Keep

New RW starter.  Desperately needed.

LW

Trezeguet: ok as an impact sub, not a starter.  Keep

New LW starter desperately needed.

ST

Wesley: i remain unconvinced by him, and think Davis is the better all round striker.  Still injured so have to keep

Samatta: also unconvinced by him.  Offers something different to Wesley and Davis.  Keep?

Davis: whilst not a goal threat, in open play, for me is the best of our 3 current strikers.  Keep

Archer: loan out

Vassiliev: loan out

Barrie: loan out

New ST desperately needed, someone who can offer us goals.  I'm thinking in the mould of Carew or Benteke when they were at Villa

We need to be buying starters not squad fillers so any new signing has to be in our first eleven

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

We need to be buying starters not squad fillers so any new signing has to be in our first eleven

My only caveat/counterpoint to that is we need to get past the idea of having a first eleven, 2-3 subs who come on, and then a bunch of benchwarmers or bomb squad... we have never quite managed this in the same way as other clubs!

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Mings for me reminds me of chester. Good, solid defender, fsntastic ambassador for the club.

Put a top class centre half next to him to guide him and he will look like a world beater

49lalg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

The Tuanzebe ship has sailed for me. He's been injured pretty much all year and not played, all the progress he made with us in the promotion season has gone. We have our own now in Konsa who is developing superbly and is just as good as what Tuanzebe would be. 

Time to move on from him imo. 

Have to agree with you totally here. Probably not popular, but an experienced Premier League player next to Mings and for Konsa to learn from would be good for everyone I feel next season.  Smalling or Vertonghen spring to mind.

• Thanks 1