Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

What can you tell me about Josh Dasilva?

Another one from our money making stable, best improved player this year, still learning and getting better all the time, going to be outstanding, snapped for nothing from Arsenal, will fetch us another handsome profit.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Another one from our money making stable, best improved player this year, still learning and getting better all the time, going to be outstanding, snapped for nothing from Arsenal, will fetch us another handsome profit.

Of your current crop of talent, who do you think could step up to the Premier League? 

36 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Dream on, We only sell at our valuation as Villa discoverd last year, we were the only Championship club to post a profit last season (£20 Million profit made on player sales alone), and that did not count with the sale of Maupay £18.5M, Konsa £12M + 3 more making a grand total of close on £40M profit that goes on this seasons books,  and this is the only way we survive by buying players cheap, developing them and selling them on at premium prices, as far as the new stadium goes there is very little debt as Griffin Park is destined for prime housing and was purchased by the developers who built our new stadium and the surrounding flats, 

After yesterdays disaster at Swansea we have a uphill battle to join you in the Premiership, as we peaked far to early, It is more than likely that Benrahama will move on anyway, and the feeling is the fee will be in the region of £25-30 Million with Chelsea allegedly leading the chase.

I think Benrahma is going to eventually be at a top 4 club. Excellent player in my opinion but I’m basing that on the odd game I see him. How good is he really?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

If Brentford sadly don't get promoted then I think Benrahma will end up with us or someone like West Ham, would be surprised if he ended up at club like Chelsea or Arsenal.

• Like 1

I would pay what Brentford ask for Benrahma (unless Brentford go up of course), unless we are talking completely silly money. Like Grealish was you can tell he's way too good for that league. We need two new wingers and I can't think of anyone attainable who would fit the bill better. A massive step up on Trezeguet and El Ghazi 

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

How about Samu Chukwueze from Villarreal. Low key better than Sarr and so much potential. Proper Winger

Seen Leeds are interested in "the new messi"  Thiago Almada, Buy out clause £19mil 

Great choice. He really impressed me playing for Villareal when I first saw him 18 months back, had good games v Real Madrid and Barca in last two seasons so has clear talent.

I know he's been linked with bigger clubs but none have signed him so far and Villareal will always sell players if the price is right to premier league.

Raul De Tomas is a good striker aswell. Moved to Espanyol for 15m in January but they still went down so he's one I'd look at.

32 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I admire the positivity in this thread, but I fear this will be a disappointing transfer window.

Not convinced our owners will spend heavily without knowing what Jack's plans are. Can see a jack transfer going down to the wire, frustrating everything 

Also can see alot of uncertainty in the market. Covid , losses what is the new normal? People will be cautious about spending large amounts and likewise clubs will be reluctant to sell for less than the going rate last year. Could be a slow window all round I fear 

Hope I'm wrong!

Really don't see the point in that. There's no point trying to cling onto Jack if he just leaves a week before the first game or even during the season given the window runs to October.

Give him a deadline until middle of August.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Great choice. He really impressed me playing for Villareal when I first saw him 18 months back, had good games v Real Madrid and Barca in last two seasons so has clear talent.

I know he's been linked with bigger clubs but none have signed him so far and Villareal will always sell players if the price is right to premier league.

Raul De Tomas is a good striker aswell. Moved to Espanyol for 15m in January but they still went down so he's one I'd look at.

Crazy how espanyol went down. Raul de Tomas was very good as was Adrian embarba. Think he could be a good squad player tbh. 

Just now, BennettVilla said:

Crazy how espanyol went down. Raul de Tomas was very good as was Adrian embarba. Think he could be a good squad player tbh. 

Espanyol really missed Hermoso at the back who got into Spain squad and then went to Atletico Madrid but didn't play manage to break into their team. Thinking about it he'd be a decent pick up on season long loan.

52 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I would love to see him in a Villa shirt, as I can't stand Chelsea, or Arsenal (another interested club) but you will have to pay the price, £20M is far too low as he still has 2 years left on his contract, and that always puts the price up, If Villa are seriously interested in him they don't need to mess up any bidding with us like they did last time (allegedly) and miss the boat.

Do you think he'll be a success at Villa? I noticed hes playing the 10 role this season, If he come to Villa we'd be signing him to play as a winger.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Was brilliant against us at Villa Park. Went round Targett time and time again. Agreed he looks a good player but is he all that defensively? I actually don’t know so I’m asking! 

I've not watched him a lot of times but I've not seen him have a bad game.

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Not surprised, clocked him last year in the Championship the kids and outstanding prospect.

Yeah 18 million they are offering apparently, worth that he’ll be worth a lot more in a couple of years