Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

53 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Not less than £35m on a unproven in prem player ?  No chance to that either. £20m tops and if no then move on.

Last season they didn’t sell us for around 20m. Now he’s much more known and looked at.

Maupay (who I rate Benrahma more), went for around 20-25m. 

That’s the prices these days, and the more player is wanted the more clubs could demand for.

He was inured by the way when we wanted him last time.

16 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Really? I haven’t seen him much since he left but I didn’t particular like him as a goalkeeper..

Ah, really? I always thought he was pretty reliable. Kept the most clean sheets in the league for us didn’t he? It’s a moot point really though as he’s going to stay a W Brom now I expect.

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Every player goes through a spell of bad form, it’s how they respond from them that defines them

4 Premier League goals in 60 games. No he is just crap

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

4 Premier League goals in 60 games. No he is just crap

He isn’t crap, Bournemouth paid a lot of money for him (£19m). Eddie Howe isn’t stupid, he can spot a player and mould them in to their system at Bournemouth 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I don't get why, in people's lists for sell/release, virtually the whole of our attack is on it. El ghazi, trez, samatta, Wesley. 

It leaves us in the position of needing 4 wingers and 2 strikers minimum and basically doing exactly what we did last summer.

These players are fine as options, squad options. They should be kept on and added too. We should bring in 2 starting wingers and 1 starting striker leaving some money for other areas. Let's learn the mistakes. 

Bizarre to think we should get rid of them all and start again, again.

I don't think many fans have an idea of how to build a squad up. We can now add players of real repute to strengthen our first team. What that will do is hopefully improve the players that are no longer starters but if they regress the following season is when you start shipping people out and then bringing new quality in again. 

Squad dynamics can improve too. These players we have now are vital to our growth in the coming seasons. One major flaw of our squad for me was the severe lack of variety and having a couple of players with real electric pace. 

He isn’t crap, Bournemouth paid a lot of money for him (£19m). Eddie Howe isn’t stupid, he can spot a player and mould them in to their system at Bournemouth 

How much someone paid for a player is absolutely irrelevant to how good they are, can’t believe that needs pointing out given the toot we’ve bought for big money over the years.

Solanke like Ibe cost Bournemouth and Howe a lot of money and has largely failed. I’d actually argue that it is precisely the questions over how Howe has spent the money he has had that has stopped him getting a bigger job despite a remarkable performance with a tiny club.

Solanke isn’t a PL goal scorer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Sure he is. Like Jordan Ibe and Smith and Defoe and the Spanish guy he paid big money for. Same genius Eddie Howe who got relegated and couldn't find a place in his team for Mings

• Like 3

Please can we stick to experienced PL players this time.

Probably won't be a popular opinion but i'd love to see us sign Deeney, i think he's exactly what we need up front, experience, know-how, goals, good pro, always competitive.

I'd also like to see Milner back for a season, after that i'd try to aim for younger than 27 but again with plenty of experience.

I'd say we need 5 even before having to replace any starters such as Grealish etc. I'd move on the likes of Taylor, El Ghazi, Jota, Lansbury, Davies on loan and obviously Drinkwater and either Reina or Nyland.

34 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I don't get why, in people's lists for sell/release, virtually the whole of our attack is on it. El ghazi, trez, samatta, Wesley. 

It leaves us in the position of needing 4 wingers and 2 strikers minimum and basically doing exactly what we did last summer.

These players are fine as options, squad options. They should be kept on and added too. We should bring in 2 starting wingers and 1 starting striker leaving some money for other areas. Let's learn the mistakes. 

Bizarre to think we should get rid of them all and start again, again.

Strange really, people would get rid of players like Wes, El Ghazi and Trez who are at the very least good players to bring off the bench, but keep the likes of Hause, Nyland and Elmo who aren’t really up to scratch at this level.

As you say a starting striker like Tammy and two starting wide players is essential, but we need decent squad options too and the likes of Trez and Wes will be good impact subs for us.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

How much someone paid for a player is absolutely irrelevant to how good they are, can’t believe that needs pointing out given the toot we’ve bought for big money over the years.

Solanke like Ibe cost Bournemouth and Howe a lot of money and has largely failed. I’d actually argue that it is precisely the questions over how Howe has spent the money he has had that has stopped him getting a bigger job despite a remarkable performance with a tiny club.

Solanke isn’t a PL goal scorer.

I disagree, Solanke has been on the books of Chelsea and Liverpool for a reason, I think he is very talented, good finisher, he works hard for the team too.

Howe is an excellent manager I think, he has been linked with the England job in the past and kept Bournemouth in the Premier League for 5 years, it’s a great achievement 

Understand that in some cases it's worth looking at relegated players but a massive no thanks to the likes of Billing. I know Huddersfield fans that don't even rate him as a PL player, much less Bournemouth. Wouldn't be an improvement on what we already have which is what we surely need to be aiming for.

The extent of what we need to bring in depends largely on Grealish, so hopefully that doesn't drag on too long either way. Whatever the case I'd say we need at least 3 forward players, a midfielder or two and a centre back. Regardless of how much some of the squad kicked on we still don't really have any depth, so while another overhaul isn't needed I still wouldn't be surprised if we're quite busy to combat that.

Goalkeeper is a question mark for me too. Can't see us going back for Reina, and as great as Heaton is he's no spring chicken and will be returning from a serious injury that could realistically see him not reach the same levels of performance again. Wonder if it'll be more of a priority than we realise.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did you watch the clip of Merson in that link? I hope he’s right, maybe he should be giving Jack a ring to share his thoughts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

David Unsworth currently doing donuts on the Witton roundabout waiting for the go-ahead from his wife.

By doing donuts, do you mean shoving them down his neck? 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Haha 1

I disagree, Solanke has been on the books of Chelsea and Liverpool for a reason, I think he is very talented, good finisher, he works hard for the team too.

Howe is an excellent manager I think, he has been linked with the England job in the past and kept Bournemouth in the Premier League for 5 years, it’s a great achievement 

Problem with Eddie Howe is his man management.  I’ve heard whispers from ex players at Bournemouth of his Jekyl and Hyde personality. A lot of his signings don’t do well however his existing core from the Championship are the ones that pull through for him.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

I would like us to go with more PL experienced players - realistically that means raiding the relegated clubs 

Bliings 

Will Hughes

Solanke/Wilson

Ben Foster

If jacks Manu bound - then I would try to get AT as part of the deal.

Why would we be limited to “raiding the relegated clubs”? Aston Villa are the biggest club in this country’s 2nd City. We have billionaire owners with an ambition to succeed. An iconic and historic stadium. 
Yes we are some way behind the likes of Liverpool, City, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, and Chelsea. But after those clubs who is there in the Premier League that can be realistically viewed as beyond the reach of Aston Villa, in terms of historical standing, stadium, fan base, and finance? Staying up should prove to be absolutely key for us, it allows us some forward continuity for the first time in over a decade. One or two other clubs might have had some decent league finishes in the last few seasons, but the top four still looks pretty much the same as it has done for a decade or more. Neither Spurs or Arsenal can offer champions league football, and for all the fanfare and drum beating, neither can Leicester or Wolves. If there has been a player who has stated that Europa league football is a prerequisite for signing for a team then I must have missed it. Very few are bothered about Europa league football, and most seem to view Europa league as a ball & chain around the ankles of clubs who want to compete in the Premier League. We’ve just pulled off what many before us have failed to do, that being we finished 5th in the championship last season and then had to completely overhaul the squad in one summer. Call it luck, whatever you want, but we pulled it off, we stayed in the Premier League. We’re Premier League again. Thus far I’ve seen no reason why Villa couldn’t put offers in to clubs such as Leicester and Everton for players, or any other club outside of the top 5 or 6. It’s about money, ambition, and direction. If our owners are serious then they shouldn’t have too many problems selling their vision for the club to prospective players. If we’re to progress up the league quickly then we have to be best of the rest in the transfer window after the top few clubs have helped themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sure he is. Like Jordan Ibe and Smith and Defoe and the Spanish guy he paid big money for. Same genius Eddie Howe who got relegated and couldn't find a place in his team for Mings

Jordon Ibe is a very talented player, he’s just lost his way a bit, he has a lot of natural ability. I think Adam Smith is a solid full back too, he has been for a number of years. Defoe is a goalscorer, does what it says on the tin. The Spanish guy that you refer to, Diego Rico is a solid left back. They couldn’t find a place in their team for Mings because they have Nathan Ake who in my opinion is better than Mings