Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

WHU could be interesting to watch with Benrahma on the left and Bowen on the right. In a different set of circumstances, that could have been Villa's line up. 

59 minutes ago, Xela said:

**** him. He obviously had no intention of ever joining us and was just waiting for a German team to come in for him 

Apparently he was given a week off after deadline day because of how mentally draining all the transfer drama was.

Still my first choice is David Brooks, is he near to any team? I can’t say I’m following the transfers well especially now. Then its Benrahma and Sarr, finally Buendia. I will be happy to get Brooks in a loan to buy. Would be a huge signing!

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Still my first choice is David Brooks, is he near to any team? I can’t say I’m following the transfers well especially now. Then its Benrahma and Sarr, finally Buendia. I will be happy to get Brooks in a loan to buy. Would be a huge signing!

None of those would start ahead of front 6 from last game and that's with Traore on bench and we're not throwing down big money on cover. This has been all but said by Smith Purslow etc

Watford want 45m for Sarr which has put off Manure and Liverpool if you believe rumours and he's on 4 year contract so Watford won't be bullied on price

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 hour ago, Xela said:

**** him. He obviously had no intention of ever joining us and was just waiting for a German team to come in for him 

There is no obviously in what you said. It's all your assumption. 

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

None of those would start ahead of front 6 from last game and that's with Traore on bench and we're not throwing down big money on cover. This has been all but said by Smith Purslow etc

Watford want 45m for Sarr which has put off Manure and Liverpool if you believe rumours and he's on 4 year contract so Watford won't be bullied on price

Trez won’t be the first choice for easier games for sure. Most of those will start infront of him, in Brooks case he’ll be helpful as a RW starter and Barkley’s backup too. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

No way he posts the Nakamba BFF stuff and the pics of him in the claret and blue Vitesse kit if he was never planning on coming, unless he's also a top-tier troll, in which case, I have to give him serious props.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Trez won’t be the first choice for easier games for sure. Most of those will start infront of him, in Brooks case he’ll be helpful as a RW starter and Barkley’s backup too. 

Ok I'd argue Villa management 100% disagree

3 hours ago, meregreen said:

The bid I heard for Benrahma was 17 mill. Would be interested in gatecrashing around that price. He won’t be on anything near 100,000 a week either.

17 million plus addons and I’ve no idea what kind of wage he can command, personally I wouldn’t pay more than 60 and I’d try 40. If you give someone straight out the championship that wage your a complete mug, if he does well you have no way of rewarding him for it and if he doesn’t do well no one will buy him on that wage.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, meregreen said:

The bid I heard for Benrahma was 17 mill. Would be interested in gatecrashing around that price. He won’t be on anything near 100,000 a week either.

Agreed, I'm surprised that West Ham have found as much as that to bid and that Brentford would let him go for anything less than their usual £20m. I would be tempted to gazump them myself and to offer £18m.

I have to say that I suspect that he has always wanted to stay in London though. Salary wise he would want near to what Ollie is on, football wise if he still doesn't want to join us, having seen/heard how Ollie has fitted in and looked at the league table recently then so be it!

I also wonder whether the club ever actually wanted him, as much as some of us did and whether other than perhaps one or two smaller buys as cover, we are done for this window, and will have to limp on with the team that beat Liverpool 7-2. ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rolta said:

There is no obviously in what you said. It's all your assumption. 

It is hard to draw any other conclusion when you try and piece together the information. We've reportedly bid the fee needed but he had his heart set on Leipzig in the beginning of the window and nearly signed for Leverkusen at the end of the window. Doesn't sound like a man who was desperate to come here. 

9 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed, I'm surprised that West Ham have found as much as that to bid and that Brentford would let him go for anything less than their usual £20m. I would be tempted to gazump them myself and to offer £18m.

I have to say that I suspect that he has always wanted to stay in London though. Salary wise he would want near to what Ollie is on, football wise if he still doesn't want to join us, having seen/heard how Ollie has fitted in and looked at the league table recently then so be it!

I also wonder whether the club ever actually wanted him, as much as some of us did and whether other than perhaps one or two smaller buys as cover, we are done for this window, and will have to limp on with the team that beat Liverpool 7-2. ;) 

He is asking for £120k/w apparently, but maybe that's dropped since there's been no takers.

Leeds dropped out due to him living a bit large on social media and they were unsure if he has the right mentality according to another rumor

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

He is asking for £120k/w apparently, but maybe that's dropped since there's been no takers.

Leeds dropped out due to him living a bit large on social media and they were unsure if he has the right mentality according to another rumor

I would say that we would probably be of the same opinion as Leeds. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ok I'd argue Villa management 100% disagree

Assumptions that you know 100% what the Villa management are thinking, based on their team selection for a handful of games, isn’t particularly convincing. I’m not sure that the management team themselves are ever 100% sure. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I would say that we would probably be of the same opinion as Leeds. 

Yeah probably. He is undoubtedly a very talented player, but there must be a reason as to why his agent has not been able to engineer a move away from the Championship for him, especially if the asking price is "only" around £18m-£25m. Far worse players have moved for far more. Although maybe not as many in the Covid-19 economy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Assumptions that you know 100% what the Villa management are thinking, based on their team selection for a handful of games, isn’t particularly convincing. I’m not sure that the management team themselves are ever 100% sure. 

The argument is based on repetitive posts "I would take one of Beundia Sarr Benrahma Brooks". None of these moves are happening because fans don't rate Trez etc

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Brooks is miles and miles better than either Trez or Traore.

It's too quiet though, don't think it'll be anyone except maybe some older cover on loan or something.