Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I would assume the terms for Benrahma would be in the same region as whatever we are paying Watkins.

So I would imagine it won't happen based on him not necessarily starting, they won't be dropping Trezeguet yet, and deservedly so.

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I would assume the terms for Benrahma would be in the same region as whatever we are paying Watkins.

So I would imagine it won't happen based on him not necessarily starting, they won't be dropping Trezeguet yet, and deservedly so.

and then there is Traore so we have 2 players for that position.

I think we need another upfront though but I think our business is done.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

It is hard to draw any other conclusion when you try and piece together the information. We've reportedly bid the fee needed but he had his heart set on Leipzig in the beginning of the window and nearly signed for Leverkusen at the end of the window. Doesn't sound like a man who was desperate to come here. 

But as most football news is bs, you're not working with very solid information. You're drawing conclusions, but you don't really know.

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

17 million plus addons and I’ve no idea what kind of wage he can command, personally I wouldn’t pay more than 60 and I’d try 40. If you give someone straight out the championship that wage your a complete mug, if he does well you have no way of rewarding him for it and if he doesn’t do well no one will buy him on that wage.

Isnt bowen on something like 80k also??

The only concern for me, probably heightened after seeing the massive leg strapping he had on during the England game, is who would play on the left if Grealish got injured?

Would it be Watkins and move Traore up front? I'm not sure I would want either Trezeguet or Traore on the left, and I certainly wouldn't want Watkins on the left and Davis through the middle.

You absolutely can't replace what Grealish does for us, but if we can move on a couple of players, that LF / LW position needs looking at. It just comes down to who is available, and would be happy to be a squad player.

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm warming to the idea of signing Buendia so we have some better depth and cover for Jack... but...

1) I don't think we can afford it

2) Buendia won't accept being rotated methinks 

The idea we're going to throw down big money for likes of him or anyone as cover or rotation is preposterous and I feel like the bad guy for constantly pointing it out in this thread but I'm a realist

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The idea we're going to throw down big money for likes of him or anyone as cover or rotation is preposterous and I feel like the bad guy for constantly pointing it out in this thread but I'm a realist

Only deal I could see is for King IF the asking price is on the low side and his wages the same. He only has 8 months left on his contract so anything above £10m would be a joke, and even that is too much.

We need cover at LB but doubt that will happen this late.

Edit: Apparently Bournemouth has rejected a £13m offer for him from Wet Spam so hopefully that's us priced out of a deal.

Edited by sne

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You are literally responding to a post saying exactly that. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm warming to the idea of signing Buendia so we have some better depth and cover for Jack... but...

1) I don't think we can afford it

2) Buendia won't accept being rotated methinks 

Isn’t he right sided too? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

But as most football news is bs, you're not working with very solid information. You're drawing conclusions, but you don't really know.

That’s all any of us can do isn’t it? I know some people think they’ve received some top secret inside information on the Rashica ‘deal’ but it’s unlikely anything official will leak directly from the club meaning all we can do is speculate from the same uninformed position.

The only cast iron fact is that he is not an Aston Villa player, even the comments from Baumann could be construed as us being used to drum up interest from Leverkusen given what actually transpired on deadline day..

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

His proposal came with caveats. Either way describing it as preposterous is a bit of an over reaction in a speculation thread. 

39 minutes ago, sne said:

Only deal I could see is for King IF the asking price is on the low side and his wages the same. He only has 8 months left on his contract so anything above £10m would be a joke, and even that is too much.

We need cover at LB but doubt that will happen this late.

Edit: Apparently Bournemouth has rejected a £13m offer for him from Wet Spam so hopefully that's us priced out of a deal.

Bournemouth want 17.5 million for King

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bournemouth want 17.5 million for King

Which is comical. Don't blame them as some PL club with more money than sense will likely pay it, but I hope it's not us.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2