Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think we’d go for our more experienced CB Elmo. I don’t know what you’re so worried about. 

Haha. Schoolboy error well highlighted. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

No idea if Mike Gallo is reliable, but this bloke is a new name...

This guy is full of it. Reported the same thing in April. Going through his feed it’s full of bullshit.

No way Malen is coming here.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We need another forward player who can play across the front 3. It’s imperative we get one. 

As good as this window has been, I'll be worried if we don't get one. We'll regret it if we don't, like we did last summer only signing Wesley up front.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I dont think theres getting anything out of the bad bunch.

I got shot down before window for saying we needed to buy more than four or five players this window. I said more like double the amount and now here we are dangerously close to losing points because we dont have capable people to come off the bench to make the difference in games.

Yes we have a first team capable of winning games now or fending of ten men, but we do not have game changing subs still. Whatever work is done by the first team, it can all potentially be undone by players that shouldnt be near a subs bench.

Still a bloody big job at sorting out the mess.

Yeah exactly mate i kept seeing many saying we need no more than four signings but they obviously weren’t watching the same team 😂 it was more like 6 or 7 at least and i feel there is one more at least to come in yet .

• Like 1

I got shot down before window for saying we needed to buy more than four or five players this window. I said more like double the amount and now here we are dangerously close to losing points because we dont have capable people to come off the bench to make the difference in games.

Yes we have a first team capable of winning games now or fending of ten men, but we do not have game changing subs still. Whatever work is done by the first team, it can all potentially be undone by players that shouldnt be near a subs bench.

Two big to sort out in one summer unfortunately.  We may have to wait another year or two where we have a whole bench of players that wouldn’t significantly weaken the team were they having to play.

• Like 3

No part of this is wrong, but it's a steady process. Last night demonstrated how far away we are from being able to challenge at the very top, but it also proved how much we've upgraded that first eleven so far.

This season is about consolidating our status as a PL team, rising up to the giddy heights of mid table mediocrity, and becoming a more attractive prospect for the sort of player who'll step us up another level.

You aren't wrong to suggest we need so much more work to get where we want to be, but it's too much to ask for it to all happen in one go. It'll take time.

Edited by Greenfly
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

No part of this is wrong, but it's a steady process. Last night demonstrated how far away we are from being able to challenge at the very top, but it also proved how much we've upgraded that first eleven so far.

This season is about consolidating our status as a PL team, rising up to the giddy heights of mid table mediocrity, and becoming a more attractive prospect for the sort of player who'll step us up another level.

You aren't wrong to suggest we need so much more work to get where we want to be, but it's too much to ask for it to all happen in one go. It'll take time.

That is far too sensible comments. Its all going to be  a disaster because our reserve team lost to Stoke's reserve team.

• Like 1