Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not going to post anymore on that matter as it just seems to be pissing the forum off and causing unrest to many of the delicate posters on here so it's easier not to with the hassle it's causing.

So instead I've PM'd the latest and last update on this to 5 random posters.

Let's wait and see. Overall, a good transfer window from the Club.

I think what most people want to know is where did you get that image of him waving, because it wasn’t his official Instagram account, at least not in the last 24 hours. Photoshop? 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One player i like is ryan sessagnon. He has it hard at spurs but i think at club like ours he would do really well.

Trouble is Spurs will fleece us for him.

6 minutes ago, astondalston said:

From The Guardian:

Dean Smith has been speaking, about Villa’s signing of Ross Barkley and more: “We’re pleased we’ve managed to get him, we’ve sold the project to him, and can give him the opportunity for game time to get into the Euros with England next year. I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far, and he’s ready to go straight away, fit and ready.” As for further signings, Smith said: “We’re happy with what we’ve got at the moment, we’re comfortable with that, but we’ll keep our finger on the pulse to see if anyone comes in for any of our lads.”

If I was a betting man and I am not......I would say that is the position,......Done.

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sounds to me like we're done unless we're able to get one or two bodies put the door. 

I’m normally the pessimist / cynic but I can’t believe that after last season (and last night...) we’re going to go into the season light on attackers.

I’m hopeful for at least two and up to four if we can shift a couple (eg AEG, Nakamba).

1 minute ago, bose said:

Yeah probably waiting to sell someone, wouldn't be surprised to see at least one in if we manage that.

Who? Nyland, Kallinic, Guilbert, Jota,  El Ghazi, or Lansbury?

That is probably over 20 million in transfer fees for that lot. I would be amazed if we got a quarter of that back.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Last night's match would indicate that we need a striker and centre back quite urgently. The back up in those areas is lamentable.

its been a good window imo......The back up might not be as exposed to the first team (as we first think as long as long term injuries can be avoided)......as playing them all together in a second string.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

If I was a betting man and I am not......I would say that is the position,......Done.

I would say that that is the only thing he can say in the run up to the deadline.

And remember if someone comes in for just Davis (which I’m sure they will) even that ‘opens the door’ for a ST to come in.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

That is probably over 20 million in transfer fees for that lot. I would be amazed if we got a quarter of that back.

Probably also a question of wages.

If we can get at least two of those sold we'll hopefully get another signing for a bigger amount in transfer fee than we get for them.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

I would say that that is the only thing he can say in the run up to the deadline.

And remember if someone comes in for just Davis (which I’m sure they will) even that ‘opens the door’ for a ST to come in.

I will be surprised if that happens.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I could see the following:

Nyland - £2m

Kalinic - £4m

Jota - £1m

Guilbert - £5m

El Ghazi - £5m

Lansbury - £10

I think more than anything though, that's a big chunk of wages.

Edited by av1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We do but I personally I think having to field El Ghazi and Davis would be less catastrophic than having to field a defence with Hause in it. 

I can see where you're coming from but we have Targett in our first team right now and for me he is a bigger liability (defensively) than Taylor and Taylor is a bigger liability than Hause so I think you have your priorities in slighty the wrong order.

1 minute ago, bose said:

Probably also a question of wages.

If we can get at least two of those sold we'll hopefully get another signing for a bigger amount in transfer fee than we get for them.

I would stick my neck out and say that all of these players if they do move to another club would have to take a drop in wages. Which players don't really like doing so the best bet would probably be a few loans with a few to buy when the contract runs out like Lansbury.

7 minutes ago, bose said:

Yeah probably waiting to sell someone, wouldn't be surprised to see at least one in if we manage that.

Never been our forte , has it?

maybe Benteke was a fortunate sell.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I could see the following:

Nyland - £2m

Kalinic - £4m

Jota - £1m

Guilbert - £5m

El Ghazi - £5m

Lansbury - £10

I think more than anything though, that's a big chunk of wages.

£10 million for Lansbury?......that is wishful thinking.

I'll bet the Villa Accountnt, loves you.