Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Rumours are that Bayern's priority is a right back. They've missed out on Dest and are being linked with all sorts every day. Think they'll spend big on one and maybe get Hudson-Odoi on loan.

Hope so mate, Rashica has been the one I’ve wanted from the start and I said before we signed him Traoré is the signing I think will be a dud. Hope to be proven wrong but a interchangeable forward line of Grealish Rashica Watkins is filthy 🔥

5 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Hope so mate, Rashica has been the one I’ve wanted from the start and I said before we signed him Traoré is the signing I think will be a dud. Hope to be proven wrong but a interchangeable forward line of Grealish Rashica Watkins is filthy 🔥

That would be a superb front line with Traore, Trezeguet and Davis on the bench. Would give us the chance for good squad rotation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's not the point I'm making at all and you know it

Well I’m sure we wouldn’t try to sell the project to a player in the way you presented it but anyway we should be looking at players that can make the first 11 and make our bench/overall squad stronger. For example we should be looking for someone better than  Targett not better than Taylor. Or someone that gives a new dimension to our squad that we haven’t got, thereby giving us more options. The most obvious being a left sided striker with bags of pace. None of them are going to expect to play every game even if they want to.

Tonight showed that whilst we have greatly improved the first 11, we still have some way to go as far as having a consistently good bench. In theory we can change 30% of our outfield players during a game, we can’t just ignore that. We should be aiming to get as close as we can to having a bench full of players as good as the starting 11. We should be looking to have options and game changers not just make do and mend stand-ins. 

Everyone moaned at Smith for not making changes during games but to be fair to him he must have looked at our bench last season and thought, who out of this lot are going to make a difference? The answer was generally none of them. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well I’m sure we wouldn’t try to sell the project to a player in the way you presented it but anyway we should be looking at players that can make the first 11 and make our bench/overall squad stronger. For example we should be looking for someone better than  Targett not better than Taylor. Or someone that gives a new dimension to our squad that we haven’t got, thereby giving us more options. The most obvious being a left sided striker with bags of pace. None of them are going to expect to play every game even if they want to.

Tonight showed that whilst we have greatly improved the first 11, we still have some way to go as far as having a consistently good bench. In theory we can change 30% of our outfield players during a game, we can’t just ignore that. We should be aiming to get as close as we can to having a bench full of players as good as the starting 11. We should be looking to have options and game changers not just make do and mend stand-ins. 

Everyone moaned at Smith for not making changes during games but to be fair to him he must have looked at our bench last season and thought, who out of this lot are going to make a difference? The answer was generally none of them. 

Excellent post.

Just on Rashica. I don’t think there’s any doubt he’s gonna leave WB.......but what I don’t get is why that means he’ll come to us apart from the fact that we’ve made an enquiry about him weeks back?

I mean isn’t the fact that RB Liepzig have just loaned Lookman (a LW) to Fulham more of an indication he’ll go to RB Liepzig?

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

That would be a superb front line with Traore, Trezeguet and Davis on the bench. Would give us the chance for good squad rotation.

We need more than Davis on the bench as back up to Watkins.

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I would like that but I don't see us getting two attackers in. One will probably be best we can hope for.

So you’d prefer to get a player we don’t need (a winger mainly) over a player we do need (a proper back up ST)?

Edited by rayk

Just now, rayk said:

So you’d prefer to get a player we don’t need (a winger mainly) over a player we do need?

I think we need a wide attacker more than an out and out striker. If we get those positions right then Watkins will score plenty. Or maybe if we did get Rashica, he can genuinely cover both positions, which is what Smith alluded to the other day.

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I think we need a wide attacker more than an out and out striker. If we get those positions right then Watkins will score plenty. Or maybe if we did get Rashica, he can genuinely cover both positions, which is what Smith alluded to the other day.

I am sure DS did not allude to Rashica. He alluded to it with Traore though because he is actually our player.

Just now, rayk said:

I am sure DS did not allude to Rashica. He alluded to it with Traore though because he is actually our player.

No, he said this this other day. Monday, I think. Talking about if our squad is short at all, he said we could do with an attacker and a midfielder or someone who can be both.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

No, he said this this other day. Monday, I think. Talking about if our squad is short at all, he said we could do with an attacker and a midfielder or someone who can be both.

Then Barkley came on loan. Plays #8 and #10 AKA midfielder and attacking player

So ...

Edouard is (now) a definite no. Sarr leaving on loan is (Somehow) financially better from a FFP stand point Due to amortisation or something🤔🤷🏻?! Rashica is Either on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/ON??... Young Danish CB prospect known by Lange poss on radar. Roca the new iniesta is available at a steal. Nakamba has interest from Turkey. El Ghazi has Mendes as his agent. 2 from Nyland, Kalinic & Steer to go🤞🏻 Engels is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. a MYSTERY striker with links to a big agent. They’ll be Rumours, Twitter ITk legit & wannabes. Dean Smith’s Son’s mate. Clickbait, bullshit, excitement, disappointment, disagreements...

Without doubt/possibly an Interesting rollercoaster 4 days/2 weeks ahead...

I still think we’ll sign at least 2 players,  but I want 3 in. out of Rashica/Sarr, Roca, Rodon or Nelsson... 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Then Barkley came on loan. Plays #8 and #10 AKA midfielder and attacking player

Barkley is a centre mid. He's never played across the front line, which Smith referred to. These are the positions he's played in his entire career...

Capture.JPG.3e991aa8bcbaa8787e28af2140a88b4e.JPG

To me, he's a Hourihane replacement. Not someone who can play across the front line.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Win/lose - Before tonight’s result which I would say was overly bad under the circumstances, I’d still would have said we were 3 short in a perfect world ... 

yea but that’s the thing though isn’t it, a perfect world this is not.

We definitely need a centre back just for the numbers. Which could be a loan or a free so pretty costless. So I expect one.

However we don’t know if there is 65 million left in the budget like last year after our spend so far or 20 million or zero.

I think centre back numbers aside we have no right to demand anything else and we have a better team and squad than last year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Yeah, so he’s repeating what he said about Traore being able to play through the middle.

And imo Sarr more that kind of player than Rashica.