Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

24 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Brewster off to Sheff Utd apparently.

The fact Liverpool are managing to sell yet another youth player who hasn't got so much as a sniff of their first team for over £20m again is astounding. How do they keep getting away with it?

Absolutely reeks of being another Solanke

• Like 1

What I’m living about the rumours this window is just when you think all the targets have been identified it’s like .......BANG....here’s another target that’s EVEN better.

I was very happy with one of Brewster or Sarr..... but now the only player I want as wide player / ST is Donyell Malen!

Perfect player fit wise, and like Traore, spent the early part of his career in the UK so no questions about him settling!

serious star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

11 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

The fact Liverpool are managing to sell yet another youth player who hasn't got so much as a sniff of their first team for over £20m again is astounding. How do they keep getting away with it?

At least Brewster has shown some ability to score in the Chumps, albeit only for half a season.

Solanke much more like Davis....

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It is imperative we bring in another forward player. 
Our options across the front 3 are currently...

Watkins
Grealish
Davis
Traore
Trezeguet
El Ghazi
Jota

We need another quality option in there I'm afraid. We cannot be in a position where Trezeguet and El Ghazi see extended game time this season. I know Trez runs around a lot, but he is seriously short of quality. 
Hopefully we can shift El Ghazi and Jota. 

Completely agree.

19 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I think Solanke was ruined by Liverpool. They did this by having a talented young player lounging around their first squad when he should've been out on loan, or at a championship team getting vital minutes on the pitch. Then the foolish boy goes to Bournemouth to be second fiddle to Callum Wilson costing 20 odd mill. He is now having to catch up on 4 years of being on the bench.

Fortunately for Brewster he got a loan last season did well and is now going the Sheffield United to get first team Premier league football. 

Both players were top players at youth level with immense talent. Guided well and Brewster can be a very good Premier league player.  Bright young players like Brewster, Solanke and our Jacob Ramsey need managers that guide them well and give them game time. 

They learn nothing being on the bench and being forgotten about, just to watch as their motivation and hunger get slowly drained by having money and status just for being in the Liverpool squad.

Liverpool ruined Solanke and will ruin Brewster if he stays, and are in danger of ruining Harvey Elliot (who to me looks like a left footed Jack Grealish) if they don't get him regular competitive minutes.

Edited by Philosopher

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our options across the front 3 are currently...

Watkins
Grealish
Davis
Traore
Trezeguet
El Ghazi
Jota

We need another quality option in there I'm afraid. We cannot be in a position where Trezeguet and El Ghazi see extended game time this season. I know Trez runs around a lot, but he is seriously short of quality. 
Hopefully we can shift El Ghazi and Jota. 

I'll be nervous if we don't get another one in. We've done so much good work this window so it would be a shame to see it all go to waste.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

But we clearly turned down Liverpool’s offer of being shafted up the arse with a full fist 

so I’ll stick to 

who cares seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I believe what they were attempting was to do us up the ricker with the rough end of a pineapple. Fortunately we’re not that kinda girl anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'll be nervous if we don't get another one in. We've done so much good work this window so it would be a shame to see it all go to waste.

That's a bit extreme whilst I agree that reeling another one in would make this window perfect we've had a strong window. Unfortunately we can't do it all in one window. Hopefully the lure of champions League football entices El Ghazi.

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd say a centre back is more important. What happens when Konsa or Mings are injured/suspended? Hause isn't good enough and Engels isn't being considered. Ideally we need a CB, LB and another forward. If we get one of those I think we will have done well. 

• Like 2

It's funny how some on here found my realistic assessment of our transfer window harsh or negative just before we signed Barkley. Now we have one bad result against Stoke and we need 3 or 4 more players.

Before Barkley it was a 5 and half out of ten max. Now it a 7 to 7 and half out of ten. Another attacker it becomes an 8.5 / 9 depending on the quality of the signing.  Add a left back and it's a 10. Add another centre back and I won't be able to compute and the impossible will have been done.

What I'm saying is we have had a very solid window and are in a good place, but there is definitely room for improvement. No need to get down over a bad result. Not point in spunking over what could be. 

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I think Solanke was ruined by Liverpool. They did this by having a talented young player lounging around their first squad when he should've been out on loan, or at a championship team getting vital minutes on the pitch. Then the foolish boy goes to Bournemouth to be second fiddle to Callum Wilson costing 20 odd mill. He is now having to catch up on 4 years of being on the bench.

Fortunately for Brewster he got a loan last season did well and is now going the Sheffield United to get first team Premier league football. 

Both players were top players at youth level with immense talent. Guided well and Brewster can be a very good Premier league player.  Bright young players like Brewster, Solanke and our Jacob Ramsey need managers that guide them well and give them game time. 

They learn nothing being on the bench and being forgotten about, just to watch as their motivation and hunger get slowly drained by having money and status just for being in the Liverpool squad.

Liverpool ruined Solanke and will ruin Brewster if he stays, and are in danger of ruining Harvey Elliot (who to me looks like a left footed Jack Grealish) if they don't get him regular competitive minutes.

I think Solanke was just vastly overrated simply because he was in the Liverpool squad.

Anyway it was Eddie Howe who was fooled and that really didn’t surprise me at all as he was vastly overrated as a manager.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

How's about this:

The £23.5m deal includes a buy-back option for three years and the Reds will get 15% of any sell-on fee.

So, if they decide to invoke the buy-back clause, does that mean they are essentially only paying 85% of the fee? 🧐