Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

£10 million for Lansbury?......that is wishful thinking.

I'll bet the Villa Accountnt, loves you.

I read it as a tenner, not £10m 😂

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

£10 million for Lansbury?......that is wishful thinking.

I'll bet the Villa Accountnt, loves you.

Covered above 😂

Edited by av1

7 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Last night's match would indicate that we need a striker and centre back quite urgently. The back up in those areas is lamentable.

Never had any confidence in Hause but it was a poor performance by any standard - and the opposition was of a low standard.. 

Davis.. Like everyone I'm willing him to succeed but after last night having him as our only back up No.9 is suicidal, imo, even if we can bodge the bloke signed to be our right wing in there - making Trez first choice RF again in the process. 

We took this gamble last summer, failed to fix it in January and spent a season regretting it. I don't see how we take that risk again when a new front three capable of starting was the overriding priority for this window.  One more who can play both LF or ST and we only need to pray Mings and Konsa stay injury free.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would stick my neck out and say that all of these players if they do move to another club would have to take a drop in wages. Which players don't really like doing so the best bet would probably be a few loans with a few to buy when the contract runs out like Lansbury.

Yeah not going to be easy getting rid of them, biggest hope IMO is probably AEG and hopefully Nyland. Don't see anyone taking Lansbury sadly.

11 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’m normally the pessimist / cynic but I can’t believe that after last season (and last night...) we’re going to go into the season light on attackers.

I’m hopeful for at least two and up to four if we can shift a couple (eg AEG, Nakamba).

I'm certain there is zero chance of 4 more coming in.  Might still be an outside chance of one more if anyone goes.  and FWIW I'd be happy for Davis to go to the championship on loan to see if he can score if we can bring in another forward.

My reading is that we are not going to fill the squad with backup players.  Yes - many of them aren't great, but hopefully also won't get much exposure.  We will only bring in quality to move current first team down to the bench and then bench > squad and squad > out.  And that will be a gradual process over the next few windows.

12 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I can see where you're coming from but we have Targett in our first team right now and for me he is a bigger liability (defensively) than Taylor and Taylor is a bigger liability than Hause so I think you have your priorities in slighty the wrong order.

I think you can get away with having a defensive liability at full back a lot more than having one at centre half. 

I could actually handle Hause playing left back. I just don’t want to see him as a centre half. 

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

we need both and a left winger.

But isnt left wing where grealish plays now since barkleys arrival or do you mean a back up to grealish? ... ideally we need a winger who can plays as a forward .. i hate to say it but i see watkins struggling slightly in his first season and lets not let the price tage reflect on his actual quality as we were ripped off. We would be best getting a player who can play CB and left back similar to hause but not like hause because he will need to know how to defend or even just passing a ball would make them more reliable than Hause. 

If the reports are true Malen would fit that attacking role perfectly for us. Not sure who we bring in as defensive cover 

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

I could see the following:

Nyland - £2m

Kalinic - £4m

Jota - £1m

Guilbert - £5m

El Ghazi - £5m

Lansbury - £10

I think more than anything though, that's a big chunk of wages.

apart from the keepers, if we let the others go we would be rogered if we had a few injuries.

People want us to shift loads of players but we don't have any depth at all, because we don't have any youth to fall back on apart from Ramsey, i know the club are working on it. But until then we can't just flog squad players unless we are replacing them.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not going to post anymore on that matter as it just seems to be pissing the forum off and causing unrest to many of the delicate posters on here so it's easier not to with the hassle it's causing.

So instead I've PM'd the latest and last update on this to 5 random posters.

Let's wait and see. Overall, a good transfer window from the Club.

Fair play. Definitely not worth the hassle mate.

I don't get pissed off. This thread is a welcome distraction from work.

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I'm certain there is zero chance of 4 more coming in.  Might still be an outside chance of one more if anyone goes.  and FWIW I'd be happy for Davis to go to the championship on loan to see if he can score if we can bring in another forward.

My reading is that we are not going to fill the squad with backup players.  Yes - many of them aren't great, but hopefully also won't get much exposure.  We will only bring in quality to move current first team down to the bench and then bench > squad and squad > out.  And that will be a gradual process over the next few windows.

Btw, I’m not saying all four before Monday......I’d say 1 or 2 max. 

The other 1 or 2 might then come in the domestic window.

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Does anyone know how much Lansbury would cost?

We would be mad to try and demand a fee for a player we desperately off our books who’s in the last year of his contract.

As always the stumbling block will be wages.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

My reading is that we are not going to fill the squad with backup players.  Yes - many of them aren't great, but hopefully also won't get much exposure.  We will only bring in quality to move current first team down to the bench and then bench > squad and squad > out.  And that will be a gradual process over the Next few windows.

Finally some sense... It would be a really bad idea to ship out 4 players as bring in 4 new ones now. Let the squad settle.

• Like 1