Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Barkley is a centre mid. He's never played across the front line, which Smith referred to. These are the positions he's played in his entire career...

Capture.JPG.3e991aa8bcbaa8787e28af2140a88b4e.JPG

To me, he's a Hourihane replacement. Not someone who can play across the front line.

I know I've used those stats in posts before. AM is #10 CM role he plays is #8 as I posted

Smith said Samatta has gone but Traore can and has played that role

Edited by Kiwivillan

Hause should never play for the first team again .. got a good character as a person but for the club i love i don't want him anywhere near it.. Davis is horrendous for a centre forward apart from holding the ball for 10 seconds he is useless.. we cannot even bring him on as sub i truly believe he is really not good enough ..we are going to need a back up to konsa/mings and the current backups cannot be trusted to make that step up.

Bring in Benrahma as we need more quality .. traore can come off the bench now thats what you call having a squad where you have a player like traore who can come on with 20 to go not bloody jota or el ghazi... the players tonight are close to the first team and that frightens me alot.

Jota

lansbury

davis

elmohamady

taylor

hause

nyland 

OUT !!!

Edited by RicRic

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Hause should never play for the first team again .. got a good character as a person but for the club i love i don't want him anywhere near it.. Davis is horrendous for a centre forward apart from holding the ball for 10 seconds he is useless.. we cannot even bring him on as sub i truly believe he is really not good enough ..we are going to need a back up to konsa/mings and the current backups cannot be trusted to make that step up.

Bring in Benrahma as we need more quality .. traore can come off the bench now thats what you call having a squad where you have a player like traore who can come on with 20 to go not bloody jota or el ghazi... the players tonight are close to the first team and that frightens me alot.

Jota

lansbury

davis

elmohamady

taylor

hause

nyland 

OUT !!!

Ghazi not in that list, somehow all those you mentioned need moving on.

Owners get the book out and replace as soon as can, it is going to take a while if we go for quality unfortunately. 

I reckon tonight's game would of highlighted that players need replacing big time.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Ghazi not in that list, somehow all those you mentioned need moving on.

Owners get the book out and replace as soon as can, it is going to take a while if we go for quality unfortunately. 

I reckon tonight's game would of highlighted that players need replacing big time.

Yeah i missed him.. maybe as if we dont bring in a winger we will at least need the best out of the bad bunch to stick around. 

Just now, RicRic said:

Yeah i missed him.. maybe as if we dont bring in a winger we will at least need the best out of the bad bunch to stick around. 

I dont think theres getting anything out of the bad bunch.

I got shot down before window for saying we needed to buy more than four or five players this window. I said more like double the amount and now here we are dangerously close to losing points because we dont have capable people to come off the bench to make the difference in games.

Yes we have a first team capable of winning games now or fending of ten men, but we do not have game changing subs still. Whatever work is done by the first team, it can all potentially be undone by players that shouldnt be near a subs bench.

Still a bloody big job at sorting out the mess.

43 minutes ago, rayk said:

Yeah, so he’s repeating what he said about Traore being able to play through the middle.

And imo Sarr more that kind of player than Rashica.

But Smith said we will try and get another midfielder or attacker in or someone who can do both. This was after we signed Traore. He was talking about more signings we might be looking for not players we already have.

I don't know too much about Sarr but I do know Rashica fits that description. I don't think Sarr will happen because of how much they want for him but Rashica on the other hand would be much cheaper.

Have never understood the faith in Davis. Needs a full season in the championship on loan to prove something. Absolutely should not be the 2nd option. Not really fussed otherwise with the game today. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, deeps said:

Xherdan Shaqiri is only 28? I honestly thought he was early 30s now. Anyways, Klopp said he’s off. Wonder if it’s us? 

29 in 8 days. Never really rated him. Blows too hot and cold

10 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

No idea if Mike Gallo is reliable, but this bloke is a new name...

Interesting, spent time with both Ajax and Arsenal academies. Fits the brief if it's a loan to buy.

Had to laugh the obligatory youtube clip says he's a similar player to Raschica!

Edited by zab6359

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Looking at that guys tweets his last tweet was saying Watkins will sign this week, and he signed a few days later. The tweet before that says Douglas Luiz is 100% staying and he’s still here. So you never know. 

The above 2 things weren’t easy to guess really. 

5 hours ago, NSmith22 said:

Have never understood the faith in Davis. Needs a full season in the championship on loan to prove something. Absolutely should not be the 2nd option. Not really fussed otherwise with the game today. 

Davis really does need to go out on loan now to a decent championship club and play a full season. I’ve said elsewhere that if we got him on a new deal then he should go out on loan to try and score goals and get a full playing season under his belt, maybe somewhere like Boro under Warnock would be a good fit for him? Whatever, he needs to go and play to try and prove himself.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

11 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Looking at that guys tweets his last tweet was saying Watkins will sign this week, and he signed a few days later. The tweet before that says Douglas Luiz is 100% staying and he’s still here. So you never know. 

The above 2 things weren’t easy to guess really. 

Maybe a little prod for Werder's hind?