Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Anyway it was Eddie Howe who was fooled and that really didn’t surprise me at all as he was vastly overrated as a manager.

Fool me once (Jordan Ibe) shame on you, fool me twice (Solanke) shame on me. Eddie's a good coach but his ability to spot talent/buy players is horrendous. 

• Like 1

With Brewster now gone to Sheff Utd I’m pretty confident we’ll sign someone BETTER than Brewster.

Mayen, Sarr, Edoaurd....Costa....

Who knows but I’m confident they’ll be better than Brewster.

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

That's a bit extreme whilst I agree that reeling another one in would make this window perfect we've had a strong window. Unfortunately we can't do it all in one window. Hopefully the lure of champions League football entices El Ghazi.

Well, missing out on this last player that is needed could really hold us back in the sense that Watkins will be a better player with a better quality wide man playing with him. If we don't get one then it will kind of worsen the signing of Watkins. I think we really do need another option. If we go with what we've got, yes it is an improvement on last season and I think we'll be okay but it could easily be a case of "if only we'd got a bit more quality up front in the summer".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Fool me once (Jordan Ibe) shame on you, fool me twice (Solanke) shame on me. Eddie's a good coach but his ability to spot talent/buy players is horrendous. 

Haha, yes. I think he believed all the hype that he was a genius manager who could polish turds.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Haha, yes. I think he believed all the hype that he was a genius manager who could polish turds.

And all he ended up with was shit on his hands. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Well, missing out on this last player that is needed could really hold us back in the sense that Watkins will be a better player with a better quality wide man playing with him. If we don't get one then it will kind of worsen the signing of Watkins. I think we really do need another option. If we go with what we've got, yes it is an improvement on last season and I think we'll be okay but it could easily be a case of "if only we'd got a bit more quality up front in the summer".

I agree we need to bring in another one or two. However I think we will but regardless of that we've had a great window. Wouldn't mind that Aussie Scot central defender from Stoke. Harry Souter. I wonder what @Villain4Life thinks about him?.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a-k said:

How's about this:

The £23.5m deal includes a buy-back option for three years and the Reds will get 15% of any sell-on fee.

So, if they decide to invoke the buy-back clause, does that mean they are essentially only paying 85% of the fee? 🧐

Err no....mainly because (I) the buy back clause after 12 months will be more than £23.5m and (II) ‘sell on-fee’ is a misnomer as the clause will only kick in if they sell him for more than the £23.5m they bought him for.

In the unlikely event that they sold him for £10m next season, Liverpool aren’t going to get £1.5m.

Youd have to be particularly stupid to agree to that kind of clause.

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Err no....mainly because (I) the buy back clause after 12 months will be more than £23.5m and (II) ‘sell on-fee’ is a misnomer as the clause will only kick in if they sell him for more than the £23.5m they bought him for.

In the unlikely event that they sold him for £10m next season, Liverpool aren’t going to get £1.5m.

Youd have to be particularly stupid to agree to that kind of clause.

Have you not been to Sheffield?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think a centre back is more important than a striker. Might sound harsh but I’d prefer to never see Hause play for us again. 

we need both and a left winger.

19 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

You know something, don't you?

Not going to post anymore on that matter as it just seems to be pissing the forum off and causing unrest to many of the delicate posters on here so it's easier not to with the hassle it's causing.

So instead I've PM'd the latest and last update on this to 5 random posters.

Let's wait and see. Overall, a good transfer window from the Club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think Brewster will improve Sheff Utd a lot which is annoying as they've looked like relegation fodder.  Might have been worth us trying to hijack the deal to stop it happening but maybe a bit expensive for someone not in our first XI.

Im not even contemplating a relegation battle this year if you mean it would have benefited us.

As a club i have absolutely no issue with sheff utd. I hope they stay up. They were excellent last year