Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s not another 3-4 players for the first team, just to strengthen the squad. 

Hello Mr Player would you like to sign as back up. Anyone that would accept this proposal would be instantly deemed not good enough by the majority crying out for additions

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

We dont need 3 or 4 players. We need a forward to cover all 3 positions and some clarity on engels. If he's not gonna play any part then we need a centre half. Not a great performance from fred tonight but i still think he can fill in a lb. Targett is absolutely more than sdequate for 1st choice (this season)

The only player who can do that imo is Sarr but I doubt we’ll sign him given that serve signed Traore and Jack looks like sticking at LW. So that points to a ST and then a winger should we sell AEG.

Agree about Engels but it’s a worry when Elmo and Hause are our back up CBs.

We need better than Nakamba as deputy to Dougie.

So 3-4 not unreasonable especially if we end up moving on Nakamba and AEG.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Doesn't every club and fan hope that?

Of course, but tonight showed why it's more relevant to us than most teams. This summer, we've only just about managed to scrape together a good first eleven and we fans,(myself included), are ecstatic. Lose one or two and we are reliant on the dross we saw tonight.

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You know King played most games last season at left wing and his heat map is all on the left wing right?

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Even though everything reported has been Baumann & Bremen holding the deal up.

FTFY, but nonetheless, what you doing commenting on transfer speculation for anyway?

According to you this morning we're finished in this transfer window and we don't need anymore, and you were having a meltdown over Little Rocket Man by late afternoon aswell.

Now here we are tonight...

Still agree we don't need anymore in and our business is done?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hello Mr Player would you like to sign as back up. Anyone that would accept this proposal would be instantly deemed not good enough by the majority crying out for additions

Not by me (obviously).

Edited by rayk

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Doesn't every club and fan hope that?

Of course just feels pretty crucial for us as a few injuries and we could have a very similar season to last year which after all we’ve done this summer would be very disappointing. 

Transfer update: Werder would sell Rashica and Klaassen

The move from Davy Klaassen is getting closer, but Werder would even give up another top performer by Monday. The club is under great financial pressure. When Florian Kohfeldt asked his team for training in the stadium "11th place" on Thursday afternoon, there was no one who was in the focus at Werder in the past few weeks: Milot Rashica.

The 24-year-old Kosovar worked "purely regeneratively," as Kohfeldt later explained. Rashica had mainly trained individually this week and only occasionally with the team, so it is clear that he will not be on the field against Arminia Bielefeld on Saturday either.

The injury has healed, we are at the end of the rehab phase. But his fitness is not yet able to play in the Bundesliga.

Werder coach Florian Kohfeldt on Thursday

Werder probably want ten million euros for Klaassen

So it is now possible that Rashica will not appear for Werder at all, as the transfer period ends on Monday evening. But after the Premier League club Aston Villa has waved it off, there seems to be no serious offer for the winger. "There is no new stand," said sports director Frank Baumann on Thursday and added: "There are interested parties, but I cannot report anything more about the status of the negotiations."

Baumann officially confirmed the interest in Davy Klaassen. For days, rumors had been going on that Werder's most expensive transfer in the club's history wanted to change shortly before the end.

Davy can imagine Ajax, we are in contact with Amsterdam. We will not just let him go, however, only if our financial conditions are met.

Werder sports director Frank Baumann on Thursday

Kohfeldt can understand Klaassen's wish to change

So far there has been talk of ten million euros that Werder would like to see for leading player Klaassen. So far, according to reports in the "Bild" newspaper, the offer should only amount to seven million euros plus possible bonus payments of five million euros. That is not enough for Werder, although Baumann emphasized on Thursday: "The numbers are all wrong".

Klaassen is therefore firmly planned for the game against Bielefeld, it could be his last for Werder. Coach Kohfeldt would regret Klaassen's departure and he would "hurt a lot," he said. But Kohfeldt doesn't want to complain, he knows the club's financial constraints very well. "Davy was with me after the Schalke game, we spoke openly," explained Kohfeldt, "I can understand his wish. But it is by no means certain that he will go."

Werder under pressure - both players are for sale

Nevertheless, Werder is under enormous pressure. If neither Rashica nor Klaassen can be sold, the club has to go into debt and take out the next loan. A scenario that Werder actually has to avoid, with all the burdens that are still pending in the coming year. For example, with Davie Selke's purchase commitment for at least ten million euros. For this reason alone, Baumann does not rule out that both Rashica and Klaassen are sold.

There is the variant that two more players will leave us.

Werder sports director Frank Baumann on Thursday

https://www.butenunbinnen.de/sport/bundesliga-transfer-werder-rashica-klaassen-100.html

Werder might be more desperate for money than I thought. If they are considering selling these two then they must really need the money. This would be like us selling Grealish and McGinn. This is why I'm still convinced Rashica will be sold. We have to get it done.

Interesting bits in red. Baumann has not ruled out selling both.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think after tonight we need to focus on selling some of these players that have sadly shown they are not good enough anymore.

You need a club that wants to buy and the player has to want to leave. Some of our players are probably just going to run down their contracts 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I've been saying it all window!!

Some of us listen 😉 But in all seriousness, I knew they needed money but thought only one of those two would need to be sold. The fact that they are clearly not ruling out both going shows how badly they must need the money.

Maybe them selling Klaassen too will allow us to get Rashica at a cheaper price, seeing as the Klaassen money will make up for any low fee they receive for Rashica?

• Like 1