Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Don't understand the logic behind our transfer strategy anymore. We're very selective about whether or not to apply our own apparent criteria for new players, our valuations and bidding pattern appears to be random, and our scouting appears to be as poor as ever. There is still time, but the available evidence so far has left me slightly confused as to why we brought in a new Sporting Director at all. I'm sure Dean was capable of drawing up a shortlist and submitting enquires for Cash, Benrahma, Watkins, Wilson, Diangana and Abraham on his own.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Don't understand the logic behind our transfer strategy anymore. We're very selective about whether or not to apply our own apparent criteria for new players, our valuations and bidding pattern appears to be random, and our scouting appears to be as poor as ever. There is still time, but the available evidence so far has left me slightly confused as to why we brought in a new Sporting Director at all. I'm sure Dean was capable of drawing up a shortlist and submitting enquires for Cash, Benrahma, Watkins, Wilson, Diangana and Abraham on his own.

You seem to have a really good knowledge of what's going on. Do you work for Villa? Any itk you can give us? 

5 minutes ago, grobs said:

I’ve seen Nixon post that we have several targets still live and a new one has popped up. 

I know he’s not the most reliable but it’s the hope that kills you 

Nixon is so full of shit it's unreal. Toilet paper journalist. 

32 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It's certainly a good point, many of us as Villa fans could have suggested the same names.

Just now, Chindie said:

Wilson is the exact kind of deal we shouldn't be doing. Even if he turns out to be the bastard child of Ronaldo and Maradona for Newcastle next season we shouldn't be signing 28yo with rebuilt knees who scored 7 goals last season for £20m on a 5yr deal at 80k a week. That's a diabolical bit of business.

It’s a Bruce special deal

gta kebab GIF by kotutohum

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Wilson is the exact kind of deal we shouldn't be doing. Even if he turns out to be the bastard child of Ronaldo and Maradona for Newcastle next season we shouldn't be signing 28yo with rebuilt knees who scored 7 goals last season for £20m on a 5yr deal at 80k a week. That's a diabolical bit of business.

Bloody hell.

£20m transfer fee, then another £20m in wages, for a 28 year-old?

Thank **** we didn't do that.

• Like 1