Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah Wilson alluded to signing for Villa as "going home"...is he a Villa fan then?

No he's a **** Coventry boy! They hate us, seems like a huge important part of it all that's being glossed over because no one outside of Coventry has a clue what their "rivalry" is all about 

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It isnt Bruce as much as I would love to stick the boot in. That is the going rate for established players in the PL.

Wilson before this shitshow of a season bagged double figures goals and double figures assist pretty much.

People think we are going to offer 50k a week. 2 year deals and get any sort of quality have been away too long.

That's get you Samgoal and Trez 

Rubbish.

It isn't that we wont pay that sort of money. It's that we will not and should not pay that sort of money for Wilson. 45m tied up in a player that is fading, injury prone and nearly 34 when finished is a shit deal.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

They hate us, seems like a huge important part of it all that's being glossed over because no one outside of Coventry has a clue what their "rivalry" is all about 

I would imagine it's justa bitterness thing.

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Basically a 5 year deal according to press (1 year extension that can be triggered by him).

Having been stung with stupid contracts in the past, I think it’s likely we offered him far less flexibility. For the sake of his own career, and earning, he was inevitably going to go with Newcastle. 

I wonder if he can take up that one year extension if he’s crocked? 

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Having been stung with stupid contracts in the past, I think it’s likely we offered him far less flexibility. For the sake of his own career, and earning, he was inevitably going to go with Newcastle. 

I wonder if he can take up that one year extension if he’s crocked? 

Yeah, you'd imagine they'll be some protection for the club, like playing a number of games the season prior.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No he's a **** Coventry boy! They hate us, seems like a huge important part of it all that's being glossed over because no one outside of Coventry has a clue what their "rivalry" is all about 

Bless them. Their "rivalry" with us is so cute. They are no more our rivals than Northampton Town are, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sheffield United being smart in the market again, talk they're signing Ampadu on loan from Chelsea.

Can play DM or at CB so surprised we're not making a move. He has huge potential as any regular watcher of Wales will know. Probably at same point Luiz was last summer before we got him in and we're now getting the reward.

But the mighty Aston Villa don't loan young players to develop for other clubs. We loan Drinkwaters instead which is a much better solution apparently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1