Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Looking at the SSN transfer feed, looking just at the deals done bit there seems to be a lot more going on as of the last couple of days amongst PL teams. 

Hopefully we can join this trend and get in on the action with 2 or 3 quality signings in the next fortnight

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

sky reporting Callum Wilson to Newcastle is a done deal.

20m

and indeed it’s a 4 year deal. 

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

thank God

see,everyone has a different opinion, some were saying 100% get him in, some no chance.

I see him as a 10/12M 2 year deal 50k pw gamble and one I wouldnt take, typical brucie gives him the max, madness.

• Like 2

We really really really need a winger and striker. We were absolutely toothless last season and survived the drop some how. I still can't quite understand how we survived. But it's essential we get in players now to adress that. We just can't feck around anymore. 

Get a bloody move on. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This all feels like another Lambert era to me.

Having to work on a strict wage budget. Having to find gems in the lower leagues.

Smith has got some job on his hands. Judging by what Smith will be given this window i won't be too hard on him this season.

17th would be a great achievement as of right now

You have literally no clue what the constraints are. We haven't been linked as far as i can tell to any lower league gems. 

I don't even know how you manage to get out of bed each morning you're so pessimistic.

The evidence suggests different to how you prttray.

If we had no money, would we really sign a £13M right back ? It's not our most important position to be filled.

Why if we have no money is it reported that we're the only club that offered Bremen what they want for Rashica ? 

Why was it widely reported we offered more money to Bournemouth for WIlson than Newcastle did ?

Those players have their own reasons for not wanting to move to Villa, but ambition, and transfer fees are not the reasons.

In what way have the current owners ever not backed their managers that gives you reason to believe they wouldn't now ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This all feels like another Lambert era to me.

Having to work on a strict wage budget. Having to find gems in the lower leagues.

Smith has got some job on his hands. Judging by what Smith will be given this window i won't be too hard on him this season.

17th would be a great achievement as of right now

I understand you are probably a bit pissy about the lack of activity right now but i don't think it's a villa transfer strategy anymore than i think collectively, with most of the teams in the PL - it's a slow window given what's going on around the world. It's much more difficult to get your targets over the line when you are a bottom 6 club. Chelsea are slap, bang, done. We are miles away from doing deals for top players like that. Most in the media still think we will spend 100 million. We are probably just in an intense negotiation period with clubs and players where we are trying to find common ground. It's not exciting and it's slow. I don't think Villa are paying top wages either ( which im fine with, health of the club's finances is important ) so we probably need targets to move on what they are looking for  

This FFP and wages is becoming a bit of an excuse. 

I know FFP exists and there are rules we need to follow, but there's no way we can't afford to bring in players to improve us. 

If we've spent all this time targeting players who will demand wages out of our league then that's horrendous scouting and planning on our part  

Either way, each day that passes we are looking worse. It currently isn't good enough. Lots of time to change it but right now its awful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This FFP and wages is becoming a bit of an excuse. 

I know FFP exists and there are rules we need to follow, but there's no way we can't afford to bring in players to improve us. 

If we've spent all this time targeting players who will demand wages out of our league then that's horrendous scouting and planning on our part  

Either way, each day that passes we are looking worse. It currently isn't good enough. Lots of time to change it but right now its awful.

Terrible scouting.

We are mainly looking at very obvious targets with interest elsewhere as well.

Last season Luiz was a very good find. A player i had never heard about before. We need players of that ilk 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

see,everyone has a different opinion, some were saying 100% get him in, some no chance.

I see him as a 10/12M 2 year deal 50k pw gamble and one I wouldnt take, typical brucie gives him the max, madness.

It isnt Bruce as much as I would love to stick the boot in. That is the going rate for established players in the PL.

Wilson before this shitshow of a season bagged double figures goals and double figures assist pretty much.

People think we are going to offer 50k a week. 2 year deals and get any sort of quality have been away too long.

That's get you Samgoal and Trez