Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

A month left of the transfer window. Our first league game is in two weeks. Plenty of time left.

It's obviously a difficult market to get signings in early so I'm not too worried. Press speculations are just that, speculations and we're in general very tight lipped about our targets.

I'll be very surprised if we don't have two new signings, at least, before our first match.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not sure what to think.....very uninspiring, so far.

there doesn't seem to be anyone at the club, sure of what they want and the determination to get it.

The indecision seems to be gaining momentum.

The making up of stuff certainly is gaining momentum, there has been zero official news from the club aside from Cash signing. Everything else is bullshit.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I think we need better. We keep spunking tens of millions away on players who are slightly better than the dross we have, only to realize a year later they're still not good enough. Just buy someone good and we won't have to replace them next summer! That's how to build a team

The problem is, we don't seem to be able to attract that level of player, at least with the current manager in charge. I don't know what names you have in mind but it's been reported (note, I use the word 'reported') that players like Rashica and Wilson didn't want to come here. Of course we want to buy top players but unfortunately unless Villa gets bought by a Saudi prince I don't see that happening and players like King are probably the best we're going to get, certainly at this point in time.

I just want some players in before gameweek 1, if we go into the season with Davis and Samatta as our strikers it really will be curtains for us. I know the window closes on 5 October but we have got 2 winnable opening games, if we end up with say 1 point from those 2 games or heaven forbid 0 points we really will be in the brown stuff.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What is this even based on?  The club is incredibly tight-lipped on everything to do with transfers.

If you know the players we're looking for and where the indecision lies, then please do let me know!

The fact we have signed no one to fix the shortfalls we had last season.

we did stay up by the skin of our teeth, just in case you missed it.

leaving it late runs the risk of missing out on your prime targets......signing second and third choices, is not the work of an ambitious outfit.

How do you know we are staying tight lipped to protect our indecision.....you have no more idea than me.

its my opinion, that things don't appear good to me........so far.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What is this even based on?  The club is incredibly tight-lipped on everything to do with transfers.

If you know the players we're looking for and where the indecision lies, then please do let me know!

The season starts for most clubs in 5 days. We got "lucky" in being drawn to start off with a club that won't kick a ball until week 2, buying us an extra few days to recruit sensibly, but to pretend like we've got it all together and sorted and we can take as much time as we need is daft. Buying only gets harder and more desperate at the end of a transfer window - not easier and cheaper. But we've added a right-back, so everything's OK.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

The problem is, we don't seem to be able to attract that level of player, at least with the current manager in charge. I don't know what names you have in mind but it's been reported (note, I use the word 'reported') that players like Rashica and Wilson didn't want to come here. Of course we want to buy top players but unfortunately unless Villa gets bought by a Saudi prince I don't see that happening and players like King are probably the best we're going to get, certainly at this point in time.

I just want some players in before gameweek 1, if we go into the season with Davis and Samatta as our strikers it really will be curtains for us. I know the window closes on 5 October but we have got 2 winnable opening games, if we end up with say 1 point from those 2 games or heaven forbid 0 points we really will be in the brown stuff.

If we have 0 points after 2 games it's like being 4 points adrift in the relegation zone with 4 to go right. Now that's a shitty situation.

34 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I've seen Brewster play once. In the Charity Shield (or whatever it's called now) and he came on, did nothing, then missed a penalty in the shootout.

Can anyone tell me if he's actually any good? :lol:

Jordan Ibe/Dominic Solanke type vibes about him. Even if he was sold the redscouse wouldn't take less than 15 million despite his lack of prem time 

Its a no from me

13 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don't buy that. Look at the calibre of player Leeds are able to bring in, and they're newly-promoted. I'm also not asking for "top players", merely better players than King who never scores, has just been relegated, would cost big money, and has no re-sell potential

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

The making up of stuff certainly is gaining momentum, there has been zero official news from the club aside from Cash signing. Everything else is bullshit.

Well, we are being given food for thought, by the inaction.

So you think everything sounds in order?.....and that one full back is ok, so far?

fine if thats your opinion.

I don't think things sound good.....we may have been linked with false players by over zealous journalists......but we haven't signed anyone so far to prove them wrong.

The bullshit is derived from inaction.

We should know exactly who we want to move forward, so far no evidence is in support of that view.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I don't buy that. Look at the calibre of player Leeds are able to bring in, and they're newly-promoted. I'm also not asking for "top players", merely better players than King who never scores, has just been relegated, would cost big money, and has no re-sell potential

So you don't want any players from any of the relegated sides then?

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yes I don't want a situation like last season but I fear we may be in one given our appalling window.

I think we should reserve judgement until the window SLAMS shut. We'd have only played one maybe two games. Even then these players and coaches will have learnt from last season. Even Matty Cash brings an improvement for our attacking output.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

The fact we have signed no one to fix the shortfalls we had last season.

we did stay up by the skin of our teeth, just in case you missed it.

leaving it late runs the risk of missing out on your prime targets......signing second and third choices, is not the work of an ambitious outfit.

How do you know we are staying tight lipped to protect our indecision.....you have no more idea than me.

its my opinion, that things don't appear good to me........so far.

I'm the not the one making things up about what the club is/is not doing 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Jordan Ibe/Dominic Solanke type vibes about him. Even if he was sold the redscouse wouldn't take less than 15 million despite his lack of prem time 

Its a no from me

Solanke has actually 1 career league goal more than Brewster 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

By spending massive massive money on them, which you then go on to...

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Not relegated strikers who don't score, would cost a fortune, and have no re-sell value. I'd take Buendia/Brooks/Cantwell for the right price

Yes thats right, say you don't want to do....