Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 minutes ago, useless said:

'The Sun' saying that we want Brewster for £20m, think he'd be a really good signing but doubt very much that Liverpool will let him go.

Liverpool do really need the money though surprisingly.

Maybe a similar deal to the Luiz deal could be done.  £20m purchase and £30-35m buyback option rising by £10m per year?  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The reason we (and others) have been linked with Origi is because of the expectation he will be a rotation option for Liverpool this season. Therefore, I can't see them letting him go permanently.

Just now, Awol said:

Brewster obviously yes please and worth more than £20M imo, don’t believe it though. 

He is completely unproven apart from half a season in the championship.  So I'm not sure much more than £20m would be justified.

12 minutes ago, John said:

He has a lot of potential. Can't see them selling him, perhaps a loan or a deal like the one we made with Douglas, with a buy-back? 

If the buyback was like the one for Luiz, with a 2 year period and the clause was big enough to make sure we could buy a top quality replacement, then buy back would be a very good deal. Can't see them going for loan with an option for us to buy, they'd prefer to have the money for him immediately surely? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

He is completely unproven apart from half a season in the championship.  So I'm not sure much more than £20m would be justified.

For an outright purchase with no buy back nonsense I’d go up to £25M if necessary. Wolves dropped £35M on a child with potential, I think this kid will develop really well. Would still take Watkins and have them fighting It out with Wes for the shirt. Would be great business, but can’t see Liverpool selling. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

For an outright purchase with no buy back nonsense I’d go up to £25M if necessary. Wolves dropped £35M on a child with potential, I think this kid will develop really well. Would still take Watkins and have them fighting It out with Wes for the shirt. Would be great business, but can’t see Liverpool selling. 

Yes that's **** any chance of this deal happening for less.

£20 million bid on a young striker who Liverpool almost definitely won't sell? I'd rather we just stop bidding for other players and wrap up a deal for Watkins tbh. Yes we need 2 strikers realistically, but the longer this goes on, the more likely we are to miss out on Ollie, and he's someone who with his versatility and physical attributes would really benefit the squad. 

I wonder how many new players we will have in our starting lineup for our first game? I reckon it'll just be the one (Cash) as they are leaving it late for any signings to get used to their new teammates prior to that first game. 

20 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

Liverpool do really need the money though surprisingly.

Maybe a similar deal to the Luiz deal could be done.  £20m purchase and £30-35m buyback option rising by £10m per year?  

Was going to say, we have form for doing a deal for young prospects.

Brewster would be a gamble, of course, but he looks like a decent player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

£20 million bid on a young striker who Liverpool almost definitely won't sell? I'd rather we just stop bidding for other players and wrap up a deal for Watkins tbh. Yes we need 2 strikers realistically, but the longer this goes on, the more likely we are to miss out on Ollie, and he's someone who with his versatility and physical attributes would really benefit the squad. 

willing to pay 20million for him but not watkins

• Sad 1