Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

He has had one respectable season in the Championship at Swansea. He could progress as a player or then again that could be his level I have no idea.

But I think it is a bit brave in hanging the short to medium term future of a football club on a 20 year old lad with no Premier League experience.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Do we? At least half the first has less than 3 years premier league expereince.  You wanna gamble on more players with no premier league experience thats your choice.

But i would prefer we sign some experienced premier league players as opposepr to more gambles like trezuget and samatta 

Again, I would like us to add some quality as opposed to Trezeguet and Samatta who are definitely not that.

I don't particularly care whether or not they have premier league experience. There is a colossal proportion of successful signings in this league who come from abroad, usually on much smaller wages as well. 

1 minute ago, string28 said:

Something feels like it's gone really wrong with the transfer window for villa. I hope it's not to do with Christian purslow dealings that's the cause.

Er, what has gone "really wrong"? Don't you rate Matty Cash?

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

express and star (yeah i know...) linking us to josh king. big, fat, yes **** please to that one. don't think we have a hope in getting him though

Is he better than Wilson

1 hour ago, Tez500 said:

Callum Wilson talking bollocks on Sky. Confirmed in the comments. 

Interesting to see we didn't actually go in for Wilson. It'll be interesting to see who we actually do go for. On one side, I like that maybe we are trying for bigger deals but on the other I'm worried it's been over a month now and all we've managed to do is sign a RB we only needed because our starter looks like he doesn't fancy England anymore. What are we doing 😂 ?????  

This stance of low balling becomes pointless if the clubs we're dealing with don't need money.

What's more likely is we'll end up paying top whack three days before the window shuts.

Utd have ended up doing it the last three or four windows.

Just now, romavillan said:

Er, what has gone "really wrong"? Don't you rate Matty Cash?

Not seen cash play in the premiership yet. Plus with what sjm said about the owners wanted us to be stronger and the fact smith said he didn't want the same as last season.i guess something's not right.

2 minutes ago, string28 said:

Not seen cash play in the premiership yet. Plus with what sjm said about the owners wanted us to be stronger and the fact smith said he didn't want the same as last season.i guess something's not right.

Cash was being followed by Milan with a view to buy him last January, I'm pretty sure having him and Guilbert covering RB makes us stronger than last season. The window doesn't close for weeks, it's too early to be inventing stuff about things going "wrong" solely on the basis that we have only signed one player so far. There is currently no basis whatsoever for thinking we will not significantly improve our squad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Still won't put much on this as I cannot for the life of me see why Liverpool would sell unless they are desperate for funds. 

But with my "I wish" hat on we would surely be able to outgun those two considering Sheff U have spent money on 3 players now and have the same FFP constraints as us. Palace have just shat £20m up the wall on Eze.

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

express and star (yeah i know...) linking us to josh king. big, fat, yes **** please to that one. don't think we have a hope in getting him though

King’s agent is the brother of Ståle Solbakken, who Lange has worked very closely with over the years, so this could be a possibility. From a few clips here and there, it seems King is desperate to go back to ManUre, but not sure that is likely at this point. If we do get in two strikers, King would be an excellent option. 

• Like 1