Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Interesting to see we didn't actually go in for Wilson. It'll be interesting to see who we actually do go for. On one side, I like that maybe we are trying for bigger deals but on the other I'm worried it's been over a month now and all we've managed to do is sign a RB we only needed because our starter looks like he doesn't fancy England anymore. What are we doing 😂 ?????  

Can you link the interview mate? Is there confirmation that we didn't go in for him as that's actually funny considering he was being batted around on here and in the press as one of our more solid links. 

I don’t want to sound a doom and gloom mongerer or one of the great unwashed, but I am starting to get the feeling that we’re panicking in our striker search. I know that it’s just media speculation but how on earth we can go from Callum Wilson one day to Rhian Brewster the next day is just a little mind boggling.

And what also worries me is that Watkins, Edouard and even Brewster all scream if not deadline day but deadline week signings.....which is not ideal. It’s fine if one or two come off during that final week of the window.....but what if they don’t? Where does that leave us?

i just think we need to break the bank a little and get one of these deals over the line.

16 minutes ago, string28 said:

Something feels like it's gone really wrong with the transfer window for villa. I hope it's not to do with Christian purslow dealings that's the cause.

ithink its purslow i now have every sympathy  with smith  hes not having fair crack of whip without quality

I don't know if all these links are just rubbish but this is getting increasingly tiresome now. 

FWIW, again I don't think Brewster is the answer. Much rather if we can't get Tammy or Edouard (who are the best strikers that have been linked, accurately or not, with AVFC) take a punt on a young hotshot striker in Europe (maybe go for Leao again) or go for someone like Batshuayi. Brewster is completely unproven and we'd be naive to spend £20m on him. 

With time running out I actually don't know why we don't just start loaning a few players now to take us to that next level. Might attract a few names too as they have nothing to lose if they're only coming on loan. Chelsea have a bucket list of players they're looking to move on, Loftus Cheek, Batshuayi and Christensen would do nicely. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Josh King scored 3 non-penalty goals in 27 games last season. If he's out of our league we might as well fold as a club

not bad considering he's normally played on the wing. i can't pretend to be an expert on the lad, all i know is that he's probably the player afcb fans rate the highest and has always been decent when i've seen him

21 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Certainly adds some weight to it. However, if he is only just available it does sound like we are scrambling around a bit now for a striker. 

We've been interested in him for a while. Have been trying to get him on loan for months, but Klopp isn't sure he wants to let him go. But now that Liverpool needs money and the owners aren't willing to just give him a blank check, decisions have to be made.

12 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Can you link the interview mate? Is there confirmation that we didn't go in for him as that's actually funny considering he was being batted around on here and in the press as one of our more solid links. 

Confirmed by Ian Taylor on twitter mate. 

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

That's a bit steep but £15-20m is probably about fair. Given Wilson went for £20m I doubt King would go for more.

I think we need better. We keep spunking tens of millions away on players who are slightly better than the dross we have, only to realize a year later they're still not good enough. Just buy someone good and we won't have to replace them next summer! That's how to build a team

• Like 1

Not sure what to think.....very uninspiring, so far.

there doesn't seem to be anyone at the club, sure of what they want and the determination to get it.

The indecision seems to be gaining momentum.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

How would people feel if we signed Brewster now and then added Watkins on the 16th October?

I'm not sold on that, but I guess we can't expect much at this point. Awful window from our recruitment team. 

My biggest issue with Brewster is that he hasn't played enough senior football. It's almost never a good idea to rely on inexperienced kids. At least Watkins has played lots of football, albeit at a garden shed club. 

Well...  This is the most depressing I've ever seen the transfer thread.  From some of the reactions around here, you'd have think we just got relegated and are resigned to signing complete nobodies on a shoestring budget of 5 million. 

I guess I'll fook off until the window finally shuts again so this negative mood doesn't rub off on me...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Well...  This is the most depressing I've ever seen the transfer thread.  From some of the reactions around here, you'd have think we just got relegated and are resigned to signing complete nobodies on a shoestring budget of 5 million. 

I guess I'll fook off until the window finally shuts again so this negative mood doesn't rub off on me...

You have work to do Mr.Christian.

What are you doing at VT?