Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I wonder how many new players we will have in our starting lineup for our first game? I reckon it'll just be the one (Cash) as they are leaving it late for any signings to get used to their new teammates prior to that first game. 

Still reckon we'll do most our business last 2 weeks of Sept / beginning of October. Not ideal but they are having a look at the landscape and it's changing daily. We need to keep calm and let the club continue to work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Brewster although has potential it is worrying how we are again struggling to get prem experienced players 

Average premier league wages 8 months ago was £61k a week. I don't think we'll be paying that or above to anyone just yet.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Brewster although has potential it is worrying how we are again struggling to get prem experienced players 

Stop. Please stop with this. It's been gone over a trillion times how this isn't the be all and end all...

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

Liverpool do really need the money though surprisingly.

Maybe a similar deal to the Luiz deal could be done.  £20m purchase and £30-35m buyback option rising by £10m per year?  

its the sort of deal that definitely works for us. would be a great signing

i dont have much hair left to tear out however reading the constant comments on how luiz "isn't really our player" though i'm not sure i could cope with having another of those deals in place

Just now, Demitri_C said:

We finished 17th though. This is what i don't get. What club around us, where we finished, are spending 30 to 40 million on players. Really is a convenient memory lapse amongst some Villa fans where that period where we spent 3 out the last 5 years outside the PL didn't happen. We are in the market for players in the 15 to 20 million pound mark. That's the reality lads. The heedy days of yesteryear don't come back because we said so. You earn it . Need to build on last year. And find players that fit that market value. Personally im glad we didn't sign Wilson in the end. 4 year contract with his injury record !!! That's the kinda business we would of done in the past. Cash - excellent signing. Great to find value similar to him. It's hard but it's what these guys are employed for .

Just now, tomav84 said:

express and star (yeah i know...) linking us to josh king. big, fat, yes **** please to that one. don't think we have a hope in getting him though

Villa are crawling over 20 million with bids. Can't see it changing. You'd like to think they'd push the boat out if it was absolutely the right thing to do.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

How would people feel if we signed Brewster now and then added Watkins on the 16th October?

Id think we are staring into another relegation dogfight. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We finished 17th though. This is what i don't get. What club around us, where we finished, are spending 30 to 40 million on players. Really is a convenient memory lapse amongst some Villa fans where that period where we spent 3 out the last 5 years outside the PL didn't happen. We are in the market for players in the 15 to 20 million pound mark. That's the reality lads. The heedy days of yesteryear don't come back because we said so. You earn it . Need to build on last year. And find players that fit that market value. Personally im glad we didn't sign Wilson in the end. 4 year contract with his injury record !!! That's the kinda business we would of done in the past. Cash - excellent signing. Great to find value similar to him. It's hard but it's what these guys are employed for .

True but i think we could get bats on loan with view to permanent.  I think he is better than samatta and davis.

I do think we need experience though. That for me is key. 

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Stop. Please stop with this. It's been gone over a trillion times how this isn't the be all and end all...

No i wont stop thanks. 

If i feel we need premier league experinece i will say so. Dont see what the problem is 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

No i wont stop thanks. 

If i feel we need premier league experinece i will say so. Dont see what the problem is 

We have a team full of "premier league experience" thanks. 

We could do with some **** quality...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If Brewster is going to be our main summer signing, then we are taking the piss.

Way-hay.

Do you mean because it would be a bad signing? I think it would be a sensational one but also don’t think it will happen. Liverpool see him as first-team potential there. I’m confident he’d get goals for us but also confident that’s why they won’t sell him... sure it’s just paper talk...

Just now, Steero113 said:

We have a team full of "premier league experience" thanks. 

We could do with some **** quality...

Do we? At least half the first has less than 3 years premier league expereince.  You wanna gamble on more players with no premier league experience thats your choice.

But i would prefer we sign some experienced premier league players as opposepr to more gambles like trezuget and samatta