Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

He looked like he might have potential initially but was absolutely hopeless offensively post lockdown.

To be fair to him, he still worked his socks off defensively and maybe, in that, contributed a little to our tightening up post lockdown.

I would wish him well but will definitely not miss him.

Despite the loss & poor team performance, he started to look decent in the Bournemouth game. Scored against City in the cup final too.

Downhill from there & just looked lost and bereft of confidence/belief. A shame, seems to have a good personality but seemingly not cut out for this level.

Can’t ignore the COVID situation either, and he hasn’t been with us long, just hasn’t worked out for him at all.

Best we recoup some money and spend it more wisely.

I thought he looked good before lockdown, especially I think the semi final where we was really good on the ball and intelligent with his running and passing. Just seemed to die on his arse a bit in the run in. Shame, but good luck to him wherever he goes, and he got to bag a goal in a cup final at wembley which is something to tell the grandkids about.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would have given him another season but Smith obviously didn't rate him as Davis seemed to be ahead of him in the pecking order after lockdown. Him, Drinkwater and Reina were not good pieces of business in January in hindsight. Hence Suso getting his P45.

Poor Borja Baston again never gets a mention. He will go with Moreira into the forgotten Villa vault

1 hour ago, momo said:

Alexander Sørloth wasn't good enough for a bottom side in Premier League. Yet, now he is the lead striker in RB Leipzig. Last years semifinalist in CL.

Unfortunately sometimes a player doesn't suit a certain league. Or the timing is wrong. The premier League is one of the most difficult to score in. Intelligent players are successful here because it's not the most technical league except for the top teams.  

I wish Samatta all the best.

€7m reported - about £6.4m.

Reported we bought him for £8.5m on a 4.5 year deal. Given Covid and only 2 goals, that doesn't seem too bad.

For FFP purposes, that's just under a £1m loss on the deal (we would have depreciated about £1.25m of his contract during his 8 months with the club, which is normal, and the Kodija sale would have covered this).

Â