Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Sickens me some of the shit villa fans say on social media.

The guy is an absolute gent. Sure it didn’t work out,  and sure he probably isn’t good enough, but he worked hard and fought for the club during a shite period.

I wish him all the best and hope he smashes in Turkey. 

Whats been said?

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats been said?

Just things like “SAMAGOOOONE” and hope he learns to play football and “good he’s shit” and whatever. Why bother? Just wish him luck.

Having said that, it’s nothing compared to the abuse we are getting from the Tanzanians 😂. Got to love their passion for their man but I’m not going to miss the spamming of EVERY Aston Villa post. 

Tanzania fans are absolutely mental so at least they're gone from us now. Bit of a shame it just never worked out for him here at all, I'd have probably given him a bit longer but what do I know. 

I'd imagine he'll do fine in Turkey. 

Yeah best of luck to him, shame it didn't work out here. He came in to a team that was in almost freefall and looked OK at times. Then Covid happened and he looked way off pace after the restart. 

Was a desperation buy and we did end up staying up. He seem like a nice guy so again good luck and thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Sickens me some of the shit villa fans say on social media.

The guy is an absolute gent. Sure it didn’t work out,  and sure he probably isn’t good enough, but he worked hard and fought for the club during a shite period.

I wish him all the best and hope he smashes in Turkey. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much, unfiltered social media is an absolute cesspit and to expect Villa fans to behave any differently to the rest of humanity simply because they support the same football club as we do is naïve to say the least.  Just look at any topic in the news right now, Covid (anti maskers, antivaxxers, 5G conspiracists)  Brexit (need I even cite examples) or even Neco Williams who was getting so much abuse from Liverpool fans today because he made a mistake in a 7-2 victory that he deleted his Twitter for a bit. People are basically arseholes, especially if they can be arseholes from a distance and while you might think it shouldn't be like that the reality of the situation has demonstrated time and again that it is.  Samatta seems like a savvy enough guy to know that and I doubt he'll give too much of a shit what the knuckle dragging section of our support thinks of him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Tanzania fans are absolutely mental so at least they're gone from us now. Bit of a shame it just never worked out for him here at all, I'd have probably given him a bit longer but what do I know. 

I'd imagine he'll do fine in Turkey. 

Most absurd group of fans i have ever witnessed.

They are still trash talking on our Insta posts.

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Just things like “SAMAGOOOONE” and hope he learns to play football and “good he’s shit” and whatever. Why bother? Just wish him luck.

Having said that, it’s nothing compared to the abuse we are getting from the Tanzanians 😂. Got to love their passion for their man but I’m not going to miss the spamming of EVERY Aston Villa post. 

I believe the shit aimed at him is in response to said Tanzanians to be fair. They're trolling us, so villa fans are just trolling them back

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Looks like someone read this thread. A slightly better PR on the official website now: https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/Samatta-joins-Fenerbahce/

They did this before I think? Gave Jedi, elphick or whelan a one lined article then had to re write due to flak from the fanbase. Surely the club admin know how a player is generally perceived by the fans. 

The Swahili here translates as “it’s fun to complete this 1 season loan deal and I will make sure I’m struggling to be better every day. It doesn’t fail”, according to Instagram translate service. Could be lost in translation but it’s interesting that there’s no mention of sale/loan/fee in our Goodbye Ally statement on the official site.

Edit: just clocked this could be old news by reading some posts on Twitter suggesting there could be obligation to buy at the end of it

Edited by chappy

35 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

They did this before I think? Gave Jedi, elphick or whelan a one lined article then had to re write due to flak from the fanbase. Surely the club admin know how a player is generally perceived by the fans. 

It shouldn’t even matter how a player is perceived by fans, with the exception of the odd few (McCormack etc) we should show a level of class and professionalism whenever a player leaves.

• Like 1

Seems a nice guy, hope he does well in Turkey. 

Surprised we've moved him out so quickly - shows a bit of a ruthless edge, which we have lacked in the past 

Surely those "Tanzanians" are 99% bots being controlled by the other 1%? There's no way 31,000 individual people have unfollowed avfcofficial as a result of the move, and yet the followers count has gone down from 915,000 to 884,000 as a result of this absurd "campaign".

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

Surely those "Tanzanians" are 99% bots being controlled by the other 1%? There's no way 31,000 individual people have unfollowed avfcofficial as a result of the move, and yet the followers count has gone down from 915,000 to 884,000 as a result of this absurd "campaign".

I don’t think so actually. It’s a big country with a lot of passionate football fans who previously just followed X premier league or La Liga team. Everyone who is a football fan from Tanzania suddenly has a chance to support their own player and so will follow his team to support their own. It makes sense and I respect it despite how downright annoying it is to have every post dominated by chat about Samatta.

It annoyed me to have our social media completely taken over, but equally I’ll kind of miss it. You have to respect that level of support for one of your own I guess. It kind of transcends football in a way and we can never really understand that feeling of supporting a success like that from your country when you don’t often provide sporting talents. 

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

I don’t think so actually. It’s a big country with a lot of passionate football fans who previously just followed X premier league or La Liga team. Everyone who is a football fan from Tanzania suddenly has a chance to support their own player and so will follow his team to support their own. It makes sense and I respect it despite how downright annoying it is to have every post dominated by chat about Samatta.

It annoyed me to have our social media completely taken over, but equally I’ll kind of miss it. You have to respect that level of support for one of your own I guess. It kind of transcends football in a way and we can never really understand that feeling of supporting a success like that from your country when you don’t often provide sporting talents. 

Not really, it's just rampant nationalism under another guise. I've also seen several posts to the effect of "We chased Coronavirus out of our country without medicine, we will see Villa relegated by same means" - this is apparently based on the fact their government stopped reporting Covid cases weeks ago and then claimed they were free of transmission, which they are absolutely not.

I don't admire them at all.

And some of them are definitely bots.

Â