Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

This is as big a win you could hope to get. Really saw a Hogan or Ross on this one.

We've done so well to not only get his contract off the books but get a fee.

Really? He seemed nothing like either of those two - he'll probably be a decent signing for them. 

4 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Good luck to him. He tried his best but it didn't work out, and I'd the manager didn't fancy him then I'm glad he's been sold rather than sitting around not being played.

Watkins and Davis do look rather better players, to be fair.

Watkins, Davis, Wesley, Troare all bring different options to our attack. Any youth players on verge of breaking through? @sir_gary_cahill

Wasn't good enough, even prior lockdown (& Wembley goal) I wasn't overly impressed - I think it was more a case of him being "a body up" front (IE a striker playing striker as opposed to AEG) and some fans being easily pleased.

After the break he looked totally lost and way behind all our other forwards. Don't feel sorry for him, but wish him well.

Gonna be a great trivia question in years to come.  "Name the player who is the only one/first of his nationality to play in the Premier League, whose only goals came in his league debut and a cup final?"

• Like 2

Can't say I'm disappointed to see him go. I don't think he was anywhere near the standard we need and was a bit of a panic signing in January.

Nothing against him though. Good luck to him and I hope it works out in Turkey

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Watkins, Davis, Wesley, Troare all bring different options to our attack. Any youth players on verge of breaking through? @sir_gary_cahill

Jaden Philogene-Bidace is an 18 year old  winger, he’s a good prospect but then again they all are SGC! There is Louis Barry, a 17 year old striker we signed from Barcelona, I haven’t seen him play though, so can’t comment on his ability 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That is one honking announcement video.

I dont get it. Is the bloke on the train supposed to be Samatta? Is the First Person perspective Samatta? I s the first person perspective just some fan who breaks into the stadium? What am i missing?

So one day his father is quoted saying that no one has made any approaches for him and that he’s staying at Villa. He also said that he would only want his son to move to one of the big leagues.

Two days later he signs for Fenerbahce in Turkey. Only in football! :lol:

Â