Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

29 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Don't get me wrong, he did look poor after the league restarted but I'm a bit surprised the club are just giving up on him after 6 months. 

It’s brutal, but when Dean & Co. sat down and asked whether he could take us where we wanted to go, if the answer was “no” then getting rid now makes sense. 

If we can get a loan fee and £5M for him in 12 months that’s a decent result. 

• Like 1

Alexander Sorloth arrived at Palace for a similar fee, looked a dud and then hit 24 goals on loan at Trabzonspor in Turkey last season. Rumours are he's now being sold for £20+ million. Food for thought re. Samatta.

• Like 1

On 19/09/2020 at 14:08, Xela said:

I'd assume we're buying another striker if Samatta is leaving. Otherwise it is a risky move to leave us so light in attacking options again 

That could be the plan. But then again it could be like last summer when we obviously had  a forward lined up but it then didn't go through, which led to the situation why we bought Samatta in January. 

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

Alexander Sorloth arrived at Palace for a similar fee, looked a dud and then hit 24 goals on loan at Trabzonspor in Turkey last season. Rumours are he's now being sold for £20+ million. Food for thought re. Samatta.

Sorloth is 24 and is entering his prime years.

Samatta is 28 and look completely out of his depth.

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Don't get me wrong, he did look poor after the league restarted but I'm a bit surprised the club are just giving up on him after 6 months. 

Yep it is me again in the Sama thread. It is because he isnt even remotely close to the level required. There is not even a debate to be had I expect on him making the grade here or improving sufficiently enough. He is a write off.

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

No comparison pal, I'm behind all our players 100% but when they are not good enough or can't handle the pressure then we must be decisive and act fast, times have changed.

I think it's more of a joke in reference to the sheer amount of pages Rashica has already.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

Right, but what about all the duds (let's say who performed at Samatta's level for us) which were offloaded after a single season and went on to do nothing? I would submit they would be the majority, and they never get mentioned. 

Put under this perspective, I'd happily run the risk and offload Samatta, especially considering he, unlike younger "duds" Is hardly at the stage in his career where you would normally expect massive improvements

26 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

No comparison pal, I'm behind all our players 100% but when they are not good enough or can't handle the pressure then we must be decisive and act fast, times have changed.

It was a joke,  may not have come across.

Not sure i can come to the same conclusion on Sama yet, lots of external factors involved that could explain why he looked a totally different player pre and post lockdown.  However, the club know more behind the scenes and if it means they want rid, I'm not going to seriously question it.

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think it's more of a joke in reference to the sheer amount of pages Rashica has already.

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It was a joke,  may not have come across.

Not sure i can come to the same conclusion on Sama yet, lots of external factors involved that could explain why he looked a totally different player pre and post lockdown.  However, the club know more behind the scenes and if it means they want rid, I'm not going to seriously question it.

Sorry villans, it did go straight over my head

chris farley idiot GIF

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Right, but what about all the duds (let's say who performed at Samatta's level for us) which were offloaded after a single season and went on to do nothing? I would submit they would be the majority, and they never get mentioned. 

Put under this perspective, I'd happily run the risk and offload Samatta, especially considering he, unlike younger "duds" Is hardly at the stage in his career where you would normally expect massive improvements

If he's behind Watkins, Davis and Traore in the pecking order I don't see any harm in loaning him out to a weaker division to see if he can light it up. Worst case scenario he flops and we cut our losses, best case scenario we make back our £ and then some.

Â