Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

I dont get it. Is the bloke on the train supposed to be Samatta? Is the First Person perspective Samatta? I s the first person perspective just some fan who breaks into the stadium? What am i missing?

The mise-en-scène of Fenerbahçe player announcements is notoriously shoddy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Tanzanian fans not very happy with us on social media right now.

As metric for judging the current state of things, I have to say this isn't particularly high on my personal list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Don't normally go in for this kind of thing but decided to have a quick peruse and this is by far the best sentence I will read today:

"He knew how to play before you even knew how to wash your buttocks well, you swindlers"

Absolutely co-opting that for future online discourse.  Love that they didn't go blue with it, expletives are low-hanging fruit and this is a ruddy masterclass.

Alright Enid Blyton.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

It's just very poor PR & Comms and marketing from the club. The post and statement will be picked up by global media, never mind the many Tanzanian, African, Turkish and Fenerbahce fans that will see it. Should put some effort and class into it.  Makes us look like an indifferent club.

Looks like someone read this thread. A slightly better PR on the official website now: https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/Samatta-joins-Fenerbahce/

13 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Well done to him for showing a bit of class. People who are abusing him need to think before typing. He, like everyone else in the first team, kept this club in the Premier league last season. He never lacked in attitude or application and for me he played his part. 

I've not seen much abuse on here.

Just a lot of people stating he is not good enough.

Twitter is a different story.

Sickens me some of the shit villa fans say on social media.

The guy is an absolute gent. Sure it didn’t work out,  and sure he probably isn’t good enough, but he worked hard and fought for the club during a shite period.

I wish him all the best and hope he smashes in Turkey. 

• Like 2

Â