January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I’d be happy with that. Have we ever been properly linked to him? We’ve all talked about him since Deano came in but I wonder if he’s actually interested. Or is it just an easy link because he plays for Brentford. 

It’s hard to know because he was injured in the summer when we had some cash to spend so we were never seriously linked. 

We're not desperate for a winger in terms of numbers, but would have been nice to bring in an improvement on what we already have, but to be fair both El Ghazi and Trezeguet have done a lot better most wingers that are new to this league, even Adama who's now one of the most highly rated, last season was very poor for Wolves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa94 said:

Don’t know anything about ffp but Man Utd spent most money in summer and have now spent another £60m .......so how come we cant spend another £15-20m ???

Oh I don’t know, do you think it is because United have spent their entire existence in the Premier League whilst we have spent the last three in the championship?

just a guess! 😳

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

‘Tis one of the best. But I prefer the one with subtitles...

mickey GIF

A welcome reappearance. I had been looking for this to appear, when playing four at the back was mentioned earlier. 😂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah. ALSO being the key word. 

If we have money available we'd have used it. Not signed a championship reject for our PL survival fight. There's an absolutely a ton of better players available and that goes without saying. We just can't buy them as we don't have money available due to FFP.   Thinking otherwise is just foolish. 

I wasn't saying ANYTHING about  not spending money we have because it's better to spend in the summer. I'm saying as we can't get the quality we would like, which would make staying up more likely,  then a stop gap signing like this is the smart choice. There is money there, the interest in Giroud was I believe real he would have cost a 5 to 10 mill transfer and around 100k in wages. There is money there, but only for the right players.

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

Bowen apparently on £80k pw at WestHam. Good luck, no way I’d ever pay the fella that sort of money. They’re welcome to him on that. Funny money. 

By the end of the weekend Bowen will be making £350,000 a week at the rate things are going in this thread.

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Did you miss Liverpool’s highly rated U23 team lose 5-0 to a team in a relegation battle just recently? It’s a huge step up physically and mentally. 

That was not their u23 team. It was their u18/19s with a couple of u23s mixed in.

7 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Bowen apparently on £80k pw at WestHam. Good luck, no way I’d ever pay the fella that sort of money. They’re welcome to him on that. Funny money. 

BBC reporting its £25m fee as well. 

Bonkers 

• Like 1