January Transfers 2019/20

sne

I don't think Bowen is even that great, he's a goal scorer that happens to play on the wing doesn't do that much else, isn't particularly fast, isn't very skillful, he's done better this season but doesn't provide many assists, and I'm not sure he'll score anywhere near as many goals for West Ham just because of the fact that unlike at Hull he won't be the main focal point of the team. That's not to say he's a bad player, or I wouldn't have liked him here, I just have my doubts that he's anywhere near as good as some seem to think.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The figures being talked about with Bowen are obscene.

Why? Maddison was 20 million after 1 good season, Bowen has scored 38 goals and got 10 assists in the last season and a half. People wanted 40+ million for grealish over a year ago after a good half season when he didn't even  know what that white thing at either end of the pitch was

Edited by LakotaDakota

8 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Think we could end up regretting not signing Bowen once his goals start earning west ham some points. Boo hoo he's unproven in the prem say the same people that said exactly the same about Abraham in the summer

Possibly but you could say that about any player we get priced out of signing.  I don't think we could afford the package West Ham are offering right now.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think Bowen is even that great, he's a goal scorer that happens to play on the wing doesn't do that much else, isn't particularly fast, isn't very skillful, he's done better this season but doesn't provide many assists

Where is he in Hull team for tackles interceptions etc you know work rate stuff. What's passing accuracy and all that? I figure you've done in depth based on conclusion

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Why? Maddison was 20 million after 1 good season, Bowen has scored 38 goals and got 10 assists in the last season and a half. People wanted 40+ million for grealish over a year ago after a good half season when he didn't even  know what that white thing at either end of the pitch was

It's not the fee. It's the wages. 80k for a player who has done bugger all at the top table is nuts. Half that figure is pushing it, and for a potential relegation candidate to agree to that kind of contract with no relegation clause in it is completely mental.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Whenever I've seen West Ham Snodgrass has been one of their better players.

Yet they are true relegation material. I loved him for us in Championship but was times he was absolutely gassed in games. 

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's not the fee. It's the wages. 80k for a player who has done bugger all at the top table is nuts. Half that figure is pushing it, and for a potential relegation candidate to agree to that kind of contract with no relegation clause in it is completely mental.

Nobody knows the wages or what terms are in the contract. it was 50k earlier, then 60, then 80. Bt the time the window slams shut it will be 150k & a daily blowjob from Brady & By tomorrow he'll be making alexis Sanchez look like he's on minimum wage

Edited by LakotaDakota

It's not Snodgrass's fault that they're relegation material, just like it's not Grealish's or any other single player's fault that we could also be considered relegation material. Also Snodgrass is a lot fitter since leaving us, as he was put on a strict fitness regime by Pellegrini.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i take it there are no rumours about any transfers or than Bojan?

seems strange we didnt replace Chester, unless Deano thinks Revan could step up if needed.

Chester hasn't played a minute in the league all season. If we have to resort to free agents I guess that's what we'll do with all the catastrophic injuries people are predicting

1 minute ago, useless said:

It's not Snodgrass's fault that they're relegation material, just like it's not Grealish's or any other single player's fault that we could also be considered relegation material. Also Snodgrass is a lot fitter since leaving us, as he was put on a strict fitness regime by Pellegrini.

Snodgrass said himself he struggled a bit with us due to sitting in his car for 4/5 hours every day getting to & from training & just eating service station crap

• Like 2