January Transfers 2019/20

sne

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Rather keep Taylor than Chester. I wonder what wages Ighalo is on at Man U. Probably massive to what we would've offered. Nothing story

dunno but he was on £190,000 per week in China if the transfer reports from 2 years ago are to be believed. Guess it doesn't really matter if it's only for 4 months though. If there is no lean fee and you ended up paying him 2/3million and he scores 7 goals that keep you up/get you into the champions league it's probably worth it

Edited by LakotaDakota

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe he didn’t have the right character for us.  You have to question the ambition of a player that moves to China whilst at the peak of their career. 

Also for all of Taylor’s faults we still need him as cover for Targett. 

I think it was the risk of coronavirus.......

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe he didn’t have the right character for us.  You have to question the ambition of a player that moves to China whilst at the peak of their career. 

Also for all of Taylor’s faults we still need him as cover for Targett. 

Well he was on 300 k per week in China apparently so i'm guessing the conversation was pretty abrupt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Would have been stupid to let Taylor go without a replacment, and I'm pretty sure that Ighalo was on astronomical wages in China so not surprised we turned that down.

ye read somewhere it was &100k +.

madness.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok for 200k a week you probably can’t blame him for going to China. 

Yeah, if sucking down pandemic semen is your bag, crack on. Last flight left 15 mins ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well he was on 300 k per week in China apparently so i'm guessing the conversation was pretty abrupt.

I know. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to offer £500,000 per week wage to anyone 

4 players in and all in much needed positions with minimal outlay and little long term commitment,  on the surface that’s good business in anyone’s book given our precarious situation.

Come May we’ll know if we brought in the right amount of quality, McGrath I hope so.

• Like 4