January Transfers 2019/20

sne

13 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Well he has scored 38 in the last 75 games so, every other game... i would put money on him scoring more goals than any of our players manage between now & the end of the season quite happily

£10 to VT says we have a player that scores more...

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Man U have just signed 30 year old ex Watford striker Ighalo from China, to put things into perspective.

Think that was their first choice?

Sometimes necessity takes precedence over want.

I can't believe they didn't get Piatek Mitrovic Benteke Sturridge et al

Baston sounds like a donkey ..... which I'm quite excited by because usually we hammer through boxes of tissues at every forward we sign and then find they are actually donkeys. My theory is this one goes the other way ..... he is a donkey on the face of it BUT is going to be a huge success :) !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Man U have just signed 30 year old ex Watford striker Ighalo from China, to put things into perspective.

Think that was their first choice?

Sometimes necessity takes precedence over want.

Apparently we were offered him last night according to ssn 

This place is going to erupt.... Jim White just said on SSN that we turned down Ighalo last night (who's just signed for Man Utd) and we rejected approaches from Celtic and Sheffield Utd for Neil Taylor.

Edited by gaz90
Beaten to it

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Interesting, Sky just reported that we turned down Ighalo last night and turned down offers from Sheff United and Celtic for Neil Taylor

Rather keep Taylor than Chester. I wonder what wages Ighalo is on at Man U. Probably massive to what we would've offered. Nothing story

Edited by Kiwivillan

Maybe he didn’t have the right character for us.  You have to question the ambition of a player that moves to China whilst at the peak of their career. 

Also for all of Taylor’s faults we still need him as cover for Targett. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1