January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Some mega rich owners levy that spending against the club like the Glazer's or Gillette. So it still **** up the club if the owners decide to stop throwing money at the club. 

Mate of mine reckons Glazers have taken half a billion out of the club and put nothing in. Says totally leveraged on debt. That seems to be the case

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I was ALSO arguing that the quality available now was not sufficient to gamble what funds we have on a costly longer term deal. But in the summer should we stay up that money won't be a gamble and the quality available to us is greater. If we go down we can't afford to spend 20 mill now. If we stay up that 20 mill could be 30 that we can afford by virtue of another 150 mill of tv money.

Yeah. ALSO being the key word. 

If we have money available we'd have used it. Not signed a championship reject for our PL survival fight. There's an absolutely a ton of better players available and that goes without saying. We just can't buy them as we don't have money available due to FFP.   Thinking otherwise is just foolish. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

If the owners have the means then you are not ‘overspending your means’ are you. It is a way to stop mega rich owners further inflating the market, nothing more. 

It would still be a loss over the three year period. Again I'm sure United will be making and not losing. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

I think he will be one of the first players in in the summer if we stay up and Brentford miss out on promotion.

I’d be happy with that. Have we ever been properly linked to him? We’ve all talked about him since Deano came in but I wonder if he’s actually interested. Or is it just an easy link because he plays for Brentford.