January Transfers 2019/20

sne

9 minutes ago, Junxs said:

We were paying Carew 50k/w over 10 years ago. 

Not sure why people are raising eyebrows for Bowens reported wages

Indeed, I'm the opposite. As far as I can tell he has at most 18 months on his contract, assuming the year extension has been activated so surely he shouldn't cost north of £20m?  The wage doesn't seem extortionate when you factor that West Ham are willing to overspend on the transfer fee.

Edited by sharkyvilla

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Indeed, I'm the opposite. As far as I can tell he has at most 18 months on his contract, assuming the year extension has been activated so surely he shouldn't cost north of £20m?

Because they want him now and was bidding war allegedly

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Snoddy will keep Bowen out the team. He’ll play a few games, score no goals and end up getting loaned to Steve Bruce’s Reading side next season, following West Ham’s disastrous relegation.

We can do West Ham a favour at the end of the season and offer to take both of them off their hands. After all, they won't be able to afford to pay those sort of wages in the Championship and quite a few of their players will want out. Generous of us, I know but that's what friends are for. 🥂

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Chester hasn't played a minute in the league all season. If we have to resort to free agents I guess that's what we'll do with all the catastrophic injuries people are predicting

what catastrophic injuries do you mean?, not sure anyone is predicting catastrophic injuries?

32 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Think we could end up regretting not signing Bowen once his goals start earning west ham some points. Boo hoo he's unproven in the prem say the same people that said exactly the same about Abraham in the summer

Of course we could but then again he might turn out to be shit , who knows, by the end of the season we might just be a little smug.  By the way when does he score these goals as I would like to put a few bets on.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so basically, we have until midnight to finalise the Borja deal, as we are allows till midnight if the deal is proven to be agreed and in progress before 23:00?

1am, I understand.

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i take it there are no rumours about any transfers or than Bojan?

seems strange we didnt replace Chester, unless Deano thinks Revan could step up if needed.

He’s the manager (head coach) probably has a better idea than anyone on here.

• Like 1

It must be weird being a footballer, especially if you have been at a club for a while, are settled in a house with a family and kids at school etc. Imagine turning up at work on Monday & your boss says as of tomorrow you work for a different company, it's 300 miles away be there at 8 o clock. Now i know clubs, especially at the top level have people to help sort things out and the money at this level makes the logistical side of things a bit easier to cope with but it is a massive upheaval, Especially if it is only a loan where you don't even know what is going to happen to you 4 months down the line

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smg said:

Of course we could but then again he might turn out to be shit , who knows, by the end of the season we might just be a little smug.  By the way when does he score these goals as I would like to put a few bets on.

Well he has scored 38 in the last 75 games so, every other game... i would put money on him scoring more goals than any of our players manage between now & the end of the season quite happily

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Snodgrass said himself he struggled a bit with us due to sitting in his car for 4/5 hours every day getting to & from training & just eating service station crap

Sure he could of gone to Fruit n Veg shop.

22 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Snodgrass said himself he struggled a bit with us due to sitting in his car for 4/5 hours every day getting to & from training & just eating service station crap

I'll have you know you can get some gourmet food at service stations.

The Lard Basted Triple Chicken with 3 Cheese Medley Sandwich is a healthy option and not overly calorific.....especially if washed down with Pepsi "totally not full of crap" ZERO "health benefits".

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Well he has scored 38 in the last 75 games so, every other game... i would put money on him scoring more goals than any of our players manage between now & the end of the season quite happily

In what division ? In a team set up to promote his scoring chances, not sure West Ham can adapt that quick to achieve that. 

• Confused 1