January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Benteke is an extreme confidence player. If we buy him, play him and he scores within his first couple, hears the chant again, he could take off and propel us to the top half. 

It's a massive risk though. He would have to be 1 of 2. But I'd take it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

We are not a big club anymore why would anyone want to come to a club that has spent the last couple of years in the second tier and now after gaining promotion via the back door is on the verge of relegation battle? We now quite rightly have a model we intend to stick to regarding recruitment and wages what do we have to attract quality players? We are the new Leicester only without as much money and not as good a scouting/recruitment team. 

Never said we were a big club any more, we're clearly not, but I thought that it was a thing of the past bringing in players well past their sell by date, reminds me of the Lerner era. At the very least I thought under the new owners we'd be targeting some of the best talent in places like the Netherlands and Portugal like other promoted teams have done before us (before they're snapped up by the top 6), but we don't even seem to be attracting them. As you suggest, our scouting/recruitment team seems to be so ineffective. 

I hope the likes of Drinkwater and anyone else we sign prove me wrong and play out of their skin, but there's no evidence to think they will. We seem to be going down the route of signing players who've played in the PL (even if they haven't performed in said league for several years), it's just all very underwhelming. We're 17th and struggling, yes I accept that, but we're not rock bottom and have a very good chance of survival if the right players are brought in. Surely there's a striker of proven quality that would fancy coming here even just on loan until the end of the season and try to score goals for us, especially playing with a certain Jack Grealish.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Not sure if you’ve heard guys, but there is speculation on Twitter that we might be looking to bring Benteke back on loan? 

What do you think? Would you take him back? 

Could we loan him and Januzaj?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Right, please do not shoot the messenger or start the boring line about “it Twitter BS, fake news, made up etc” yes, this is tittle tattle And hearsay, but there are some that might enjoy the implication and many that it will wind right up. Read the replies

In a nutshell: Benteke spotted at BH on Wednesday..... yes I know it’s Defoe at the Belfry all over again.

Picture of him scoring against Palace after coming back from that Achilles injury, cheeky.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Benteke has 4 goals in his last 62 league games. Any other player with that record be shot down immediately 

But, BUT, he wasn't playing in the colours of the mighty Villa in those 62 games! 

See, maybe, just maybe, when he wears those colours and hears that chant, he transforms into some kind of superhero that loves to hit the back of the net? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I would be keen for us to sign all the various grandmas who it is claimed are better at football than Wesley. Many of them are free agents, so we'd just have to cover their heating bill.

Bit on an injury worry though, one cold snap and we’d lose half our starting eleven.

• Haha 2

It's like having a worldy of an ex girlfriend. She dumped you for someone richer/better looking. You reminisce of all the good times and you decide to get back with her. 5-6 later, she's not hot anymore it's all Spandex and push up bras. Nice one, you've ruined all your memories. 

Ima cry myself to sleep tonight 

• Haha 1