January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm actually going to be gutted if we don't get benteke. 

Totally the opposite....i'll be gutted if we get him !!!!

If he's the best we can get i will seriously question the real ambition of the 3rd richest owners in the league !!!!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its wasn't just one game....it was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

He was always talking about London when he was with us....as if he wanted away.

I will back Klopps view ,lack of movement.

no thanks.

I tend to agree. One thing that should never ever come into signing a player is sentiment. People should ask themselves this, if he hadn't played and done well for us before, would you take him on current form ( current probably been kind, last 2 to 3 years form )

• Like 1

Piatek seems too good to be true. Certainly don't think he's the real issue at Milan. They have lots of average players, i think he is quality though. I don't think he is going to want to give up the Milan lifestyle too easy because of a manager who himself could be gone in a month or 2 with the way they are playing, doesn't play him much.

53 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Sign Benteke, get Young and Albrighton and get crosses into the box. Put Jack in the middle to glue it all together. Top six before you know it. Cheap too!

Funny you should say that. Marc Allbrighton is fantastic at getting crosses in early but Leicester really do not have an aerial threat. Marc would look good with a target like Benteke to aim for.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Piatek seems too good to be true. Certainly don't think he's the real issue at Milan. They have lots of average players, i think he is quality though. I don't think he is going to want to give up the Milan lifestyle too easy because of a manager who himself could be gone in a month or 2 with the way they are playing, doesn't play him much.

I don’t think the issue is Milan wanting to sell but more a case of Elliott needing to offload some high earners and getting a fat fee. The other issue is competition from other big clubs and convincing him to come here if a bid is accepted. 

Edited by NSmith22

15 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Can't wait see this all the time...if we somehow signed Piatek!! :)

Had a little boogie to that myself then. Reminded me of the early nineties rave scene. Lets sign all the Poles!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Totally the opposite....i'll be gutted if we get him !!!!

If he's the best we can get i will seriously question the real ambition of the 3rd richest owners in the league !!!!

I always question a players integrity.....and I certainly question his.

Klopp is never far wrong.

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

With Reina now on his way that’s both our loan slots gone. So the striker, or strikers will have to be purchases...

Not two from the UK then? Can Pepe play up front, perhaps? 

33 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I tend to agree. One thing that should never ever come into signing a player is sentiment. People should ask themselves this, if he hadn't played and done well for us before, would you take him on current form ( current probably been kind, last 2 to 3 years form )

Weimann created all the movement for him......not saying he was great, but he done all his running.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

Sign Benteke, get Young and Albrighton and get crosses into the box. Put Jack in the middle to glue it all together. Top six before you know it. Cheap too!

Yes.... and get Gabby back out of retirement :) and bring back Barry Bannan - tbf I genuinely believe he'd be a significant upgrade on Danny Drink(anything but)water, Douglas Luiz and Markedlyaverage Nakamba 

We're Aston Villa, we're on the way back!!

1 minute ago, commander said:

Yes.... and get Gabby back out of retirement :) and bring back Barry Bannan - tbf I genuinely believe he'd be a significant upgrade on Danny Drink(anything but)water, Douglas Luiz and Markedlyaverage Nakamba 

We're Aston Villa, we're on the way back!!

Huh?

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Juninho broke his leg just after leaving Boro the first time. Was never the same given he played for Boro twice more and never reached the heights he did in his first spell.

Don’t break my dream....that photo of him entering Villa park gave me hope we were on for greatness in my Villa lifetime....I know it was dashed at the time but was a fond memory and now you are trying to break that with facts and reality....thanks a lot 😉😂😂😂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Funny you should say that. Marc Allbrighton is fantastic at getting crosses in early but Leicester really do not have an aerial threat. Marc would look good with a target like Benteke to aim for.

or Glen Murray?

Edited by TRO