January Transfers 2019/20

sne

30 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Re Benteke

What I will say is that sometimes a player just fits a club. They feel at home, they feel confident, they feel loved. Every player uses a team as a stepping stone. Even Jack is using us a stepping stone in a different way. It's the way of football. However, if he was the 2nd of 2 strikers then I would be happy with that. Look at Mousset at Sheff Utd. Awful at Bournemouth and been one of their best players this season. Sometimes it just works. 

For Older ones : Gary Birtles was a good example.  Good at Forest earnt move to Man U, Bad..  Moved back to Forest.

38 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

5 in 21 from what I can see 

1 in 4 then. Still better than 1 in 2.5 seasons! Lots of room for improvement in many areas not just goals for Wesley. But he’s come on a bit in his last couple of games, so it’s frustrating for us all, him especially, that he’s got injured now. 

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Benteke is so romantic for Villa he left at the first opportunity (to the wrong team) after previously trying to leave Villa in previous windows. 

He did well for us, and we like him, but the feeling wasn't/isn't mutual.  

That we got the best out of him before he turned into a rubbish striker with a scoring record Heskey would be absolutely appalled by, is great for us. 

Thanks for the money, but no - please don't come back. 

Your first statement is an oxymoron. If he left at the first opportunity, how could he have also been trying to leave in the previous windows?

And secondly, he could've done a lot more to force the move back then. So its not just a case of him not leaving earlier because he couldn't.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No team in a relegation scrap will be able to sign proven quality in January. But there are a lot of players in Europe’s big leagues on shitty wages that would jump for a chance to play in the Premier League. They would probably even play the Championship. 

They are all a risk though. 

A risk is an understatement. The players who are willing to go to us at this moment without PL experience are likely gonna be from an even worse caliber than the ones that came to us in Summer.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Crystal palace was the perfect team for benteke to re-start his career given he should thrive on a counter attack direct team but he's struggled badly there. He can't do it for Crystal palace then I don't see how he can do it for us.

But if it's the only striker available and it's a loan then I don't really see what choice we got. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

On this note, I don't think most players around here nowadays give a crap about Villa's "big club" status and are gonna be attracted by it. Especially foreign players. 

They will care about our stadium and facilities though.

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

You dont stop being a big club because you're going through a relatively hard time. 

If you think you do... Congratulations, you are now in lockstep with Skysports and have been brainwashed.

Please choose from one of our top 6 bestest clubs...

Incidentally. A player is looking for a job. He doesn't give a toss who is big or not. They will go where the money is and where best suits their prospects. Whether its Leicester or Luton  Happily, Villa have megarich owners, 50, 000 supporters trying to get to each match and the biggest club for 100 miles in every direction.

So when I hear we're not a big club, I will say... Bollocks.

Footballers don't care about this "big club" nonsense fans romanticize. They just mention it in interviews as they know fans lap it up. 99% care about wages, future wages and location. 

Edit: maybe I shouldn't read only half of your post before commenting :D

Edited by Bugzy1991
  • Like 1

Right, please do not shoot the messenger or start the boring line about “it Twitter BS, fake news, made up etc” yes, this is tittle tattle And hearsay, but there are some that might enjoy the implication and many that it will wind right up. Read the replies

In a nutshell: Benteke spotted at BH on Wednesday..... yes I know it’s Defoe at the Belfry all over again.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

You dont stop being a big club because you're going through a relatively hard time. 

If you think you do... Congratulations, you are now in lockstep with Skysports and have been brainwashed.

Please choose from one of our top 6 bestest clubs...

Incidentally. A player is looking for a job. He doesn't give a toss who is big or not. They will go where the money is and where best suits their prospects. Whether its Leicester or Luton  Happily, Villa have megarich owners, 50, 000 supporters trying to get to each match and the biggest club for 100 miles in every direction.

So when I hear we're not a big club, I will say... Bollocks.

All valid points. We are a big club.  However if we’re such a big club. Where’s the bloody signings!!??

But tbf I know there’s still 3 weeks to go.  I’m sure we’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Crystal palace was the perfect team for benteke to re-start his career given he should thrive on a counter attack direct team but he's struggled badly there. He can't do it for Crystal palace then I don't see how he can do it for us.

But if it's the only striker available and it's a loan then I don't really see what choice we got. 

I don't agree. He is not the main man there. They have Zaha who is the Star. i think Benteke would be good here with the crosses we provide. Wesley have not made contact with any of them. And the Euro's are coming up Benteke will be up for it.